Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Poll on hunting in high fences.

Old 12-12-2003, 11:14 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Poll on hunting in high fences.

Tazman

I truly understand where you are coming from. It is nice to reap the rewards of a hard fought battle to get a deer of your dreams. You feel a lot of pride in taking a deer that you worked so hard to get. The biggest problem is that most of the land here in Nebraska that have large deer on it, or for that matter any deer at all, people are not able to hunt. I suspect that this is a national problem and not just state-wide. I think that the fenced in hunts may be some hunters only chance to take a nice deer. Sometimes in situations like that, they may feel lucky just to be able to take a nice deer that they could put on their wall.
Old 12-12-2003, 11:15 AM
Giant Nontypical

Neb, no problem. This outfitter is guided or un-guided. I'll see what i can find!
Old 12-12-2003, 11:17 AM

I would not hunt in a fenced area. The wilder the better for the target and me.
Old 12-12-2003, 11:32 AM
Boone & Crockett

Taz. You are an Ambidextrous chicken choking master. I am not worthy, I bow to your mastery of this fine ancient art. I call you Master choker from now on.

Must I take the pebble out of your hand before I become a master too. ............................................. That is a pebble isn't it?
Old 12-12-2003, 11:45 AM
Giant Nontypical

Here I was all innocent and talking about killing chickens and you dirty old men take it somewhere else.

A dirty mind is a terrible thing to waste...[8D]
Old 12-12-2003, 11:49 AM
Typical Buck

Farmcntry

I received your e-mail. Thank you for your help. Hopefully I will hear back from him soon to start setting up things for next year.

Thanks again!
Old 12-12-2003, 12:08 PM

why is it that people always have to have trophies? i love the outdoors and just hunting .when you enclose an animal it alters his natural movements. even on these large high fenced places the guides know where the deer are.what happened to enjoing the hunt?free ranging is what makes it a hunt. fences do not.in many places ranchers have sold out their ethics for financial gain.
Old 12-12-2003, 12:22 PM

Me personally I would never hunt a high fenced ranch. For me half of the fun is the scouting and preseason work to get a crack at a big boy. I also do not believe this is fair chase.

But on the other hand, to each his own. If people want to shell out insane amounts of money to bag a buck they can hang on there wall that is fine by be. I don't believe however that these animals have any place in a record book! I don't care how big the ranch is.
Old 12-12-2003, 12:28 PM

No fence killing for me!

I prefer to try and beat my brothers and neibors to hunt the deer that are there. The key word is TRY!
Old 12-12-2003, 12:31 PM
Giant Nontypical

dep,

I have never killed anything but trophy's. Every hunt that is successful for me, I bring home a trophy. Big doe, small doe, etc.

At the end of a successful hunt, you always have a trophy.
JMHO.

My first bow kill this year was a button buck that I took for a doe. To me, that was my trophy. I can't put his head on the wall, but I have pics and memories.

Quick Reply: Poll on hunting in high fences.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.