Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Poll on hunting in high fences.

Old 12-11-2003, 10:09 PM

Default RE: Poll on hunting in high fences.

I wouldnt hunt in a fenced in area.Theres something about it that doesnt seem right, its more like shopping and less like hunting.
Old 12-11-2003, 10:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have never hunted inside a high fence.
I probably never will.

I do have quite a bit of first hand knowledge regarding high fence operations though.
First, if the animals were not handled by humans at birth, they are evey bit as wild as those outside the high fence.

Second...people that are so dead set against this completely legal practice should think about channeling their energy to fight anti hunters, not other hunters.

Please don`t use that lame excuse about high fence hunts being the best ammo for antis to use against us. It is just that...LAME!

It is fine to not be interested in hunting within the confines of a high fence, but to tell others that it is wrong, immoral, lazy, etc.?

I said it before, I`ll say it again...be very careful riding those tall horses, it is a long way to the ground!

BTW, how much chance did that burger you ate yesterday have? That cow was a privately owned animal that ended up on your plate. Same as high fence hunting/shooting.
Old 12-11-2003, 11:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

I was going to quote a sentence from Big Country with "my thoughts exactly" stamped on it. But I couldn't decide on what sentence to quote , I agree with everything he said!
Old 12-11-2003, 11:58 PM

I would much rather shoot wild deer than cattle.

True hunting should be free of boundaries, whether fences or property lines. Times are changing, no matter where we live and/or hunt. Some destinction can be made between small fenced in ranches and larger ones, but there is still a definite boundary. Is it really hunting? I would have to say it is.....but it is hunting in a more modern and commercial sense.
Old 12-12-2003, 12:20 AM

Depends on the size of the area hunted and if the deer were wild.

If its small, if the deer are not sild, its killing, not hunting.
Old 12-12-2003, 12:20 AM

It seems that the high fence hunting bring in big dollars and all the little guys( Farmers) start changing people to hunt....cause the big boys with all the money going to payit......It's a shame that people have to pay to have access to hunt.....me, I dont pay to hunt.....but land is getting is hard to come buy......Fences, putting out corn or other type of baiting just isn't hunting to me...but isn't deer hunting just an ambush just waiting to happen.... I guess if a had an extra thousand dollars lying around I might just try the fence hunting thang...but i dont see it in the near future for me.....good post...
Old 12-12-2003, 05:39 AM
Boone & Crockett

I will not knock any one hunting in any way that is legal.

I personally call myself a hunter and not a shooter, to me 99% of hunting is the scouting and selection and building/hanging stands, 1% of hunting is the actual kill.

If someone else does all of the scouting and stand setting for you, then IMO you have basically become a patient shooter, the guides are the hunters.

I hold my head high with every deer I have killed over the years because I outsmarted them, I did all the work and had myself in the right place at the right time to do the shooting. I refuse to become simply a shooter and claim to be a hunter.
Old 12-12-2003, 05:56 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 12-12-2003, 06:06 AM
Boone & Crockett

when does archery season for cows open this year??
Old 12-12-2003, 06:09 AM
Boone & Crockett

when does archery season for cows open this year??
I think it happens right after shooting fish in a barrel closes![8D]

Quick Reply: Poll on hunting in high fences.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.