Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Poll on hunting in high fences.

Old 12-28-2003, 02:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Poll on hunting in high fences.

dep214, let me shed a little light for you. I will try to kep it simple, as that works best with you.

1. I suck up to nobody. Nowhere. Nohow. Especially on a site that I cannot tell you exactly what I feel without getting blackballed.

2. Whats wrong with a crossbow? Why not a single thing, as long as you keep it where it belongs. With gun season, unless you are a legitimately handicapped hunter.

My remark concerning crossbows was not intended to lead into a discussion about them though. It was meant to point out that you find it OK to do or use whatever you want at one time....yet it is a different story when it comes to something else that YOU don`t like for some silly reason!

And, if your memory was not as short as .....well, you would recall having debates with me previously regarding crossbows.

I hope this was not too hard for you to understand.

Now, I ask again...just make us a list of how the world SHOULD be, according to you.

Do I sound mad? Even over the internet? You bet I am!! I have no problem fielding opposing viewpoints. But your whining has hit my button, BIGTIME!

You are from Texas, are you not? Do you EVER sit near a feeder?

If you have ever sat withing 200 yards of an active feeder...I don`t need to hear your opinion on high fence operations.

Go shoot your crossbow. Better yet, go play with Stealthy, preferably on the highway![]
Old 12-28-2003, 02:59 PM

i.sucking up. i looked at some of your posts elsewhere. you seem to ask this mods approval on several things. it is surely sucking up now

2.crossbow--why does it belong in gun season> it has a trigger release just like a compound.it shoots an arrow. it is propelled by a string. it uses a broadhead. that is just like the compound

3.when did this forum stop being a place for opinions. you get upset when someone does not agree with you.where in here does it stae that this is your forum?

4. i once again lower myself to yout standards of immaturity and name call.that says alot about you

5.i have 5 feeders on my place and none have a stand near them. my closest stand is about 500 yards and it is behind me. i hunt intersecting trails and fence crossings.once agin your knowledge of texas hunting is lacking

6. whining---if you read your own posts it is very clear who is whining. your posts in other areas are the same way.

don't give up. mAYBE ONE DAY YOU WILL GROW UP
Old 12-28-2003, 03:01 PM

by the way my feeders are not inside a fenced area. it is 100% free rangingdid you notice where most of these feeders are not made in texas?
Old 12-28-2003, 03:59 PM
Boone & Crockett

i.sucking up. i looked at some of your posts elsewhere. you seem to ask this mods approval on several things. it is surely sucking up now
Never has this happened and BTW Dep214 you have mail.
Old 12-28-2003, 05:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

I will not hunt behind high fences... ever! I think it is absolutely wrong no matter the size of the enclosure. I don't see how feeding a WILD animal can be considered fair chase. The same with hunting over a mechanical feeder. It is just WRONG. Animals need to be free to go wherever they want without having to worry about any fences. Here out west we only have 4' range fence to worry about and that doesn't effect the deer or elk, and only antelope to a certain extent. I am actually planning a hunt this summer for varmints and such at a ranch in Wyoming, but it will not be under high fence.

One more thing... If deer only have a home range of say 500 acres, then why does a 6400 acre ranch need a high fence??? It is only to keep the deer in incase they stray!!! Why else would it be there???? Makes no sense to me. I don't believe that any animal has a set home range. They will go wherever they want when they want for whatever reason. That fence just keeps them there. I can understand that at certain times of the year, like the rut, that a deer may only have a range of a few hundred acres, but thats it.
Old 12-30-2003, 09:32 AM
Boone & Crockett

The fence is to keep game out not to keep game in.
I always laugh when I see this stated on one of these threads.

Especially when it's followed by this

It is also to keep your "if its brown its down" neighbors from screwing up your managment program.
Old 12-30-2003, 10:02 AM

Just not for me! And the island deal has many factors you have to look at!
Old 12-30-2003, 10:50 AM
Boone & Crockett

quote:

The fence is to keep game out not to keep game in.

I always laugh when I see this stated on one of these threads.

Especially when it's followed by this

quote:

It is also to keep your "if its brown its down" neighbors from screwing up your managment program.

A tad contradicting I agree!!
Old 12-30-2003, 10:51 AM
Boone & Crockett

Does this mean the Keg hunt is off???
Old 12-30-2003, 10:53 AM
Boone & Crockett

Oh no the keg hunt is still on, the best part of the keg hunt is emptying the keg before you throw it!!!!

Quick Reply: Poll on hunting in high fences.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.