Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Poll on hunting in high fences.

Old 12-17-2003, 10:50 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Poll on hunting in high fences.

trophyhuntr there is no jealousy factor here, I have no problem with folks paying to hunt, I do have an issue when the ones that have done nothing more than cough up the cash, sit their fanny down in a stand that thier guide set up, shoot a Boonie and claim to be the great white hunter when they couldn't scout their way out of a brown paper bag! Then of course there is White Raven! But alas that is another story![8D]
Old 12-17-2003, 10:55 AM

definetly agree with that, we hunted food plots morning and night and rattled and spot and stalk during the day, saw some nice bucks as we were high on a a guess you would say a rock and mosquite hill combo they were 475 yrds with range finder got in front of them and shot him crossing a road behind a doe, wasnt even in a stand,
Old 12-17-2003, 11:04 AM
Giant Nontypical

Trophy,
2 things.
1 I am looking into paying for a hunt in Idaho, but have passed on "canned" hunts. Paying to hunt other terrain, areas, etc isn't the point.
The one I decided on is guided or un-guided as I like to do my own scouting, etc.

2 Do hand cranks work on Salmon? They do catfish!~
Old 12-17-2003, 11:11 AM
Boone & Crockett

I don't have a problem with paying for a guided hunt(no fence). I think it's the only way for some people to even ever see a 150 class buck. I actually have considered it. I can honestly say that I would be going there knowing it wouldn't be as rewarding as taking a buck on my own terms through my own work, scouting etc....... But, I may consider doing itonce just for the experience and seeing a giant buck like that.
But the fence thing.......ehhhhhhhhhhh If I had to close something behind me when I went to go hunting, it aint for me.
Old 12-17-2003, 11:12 AM

farmcntry

i have had friends go to idaho pull horses out there and do the do it yourself hunt and didnt have much luck, that is some sure enough big country out there if you are going to an area you have never hunted i would use a guide my opinion,

dont know about the phone on salmon, but i guess it is always worth a try, good luck on the type of hunt you pick
Old 12-17-2003, 01:04 PM
Giant Nontypical

i know you dont like me and dont give a ****,
First off I never said or implyed I didn't like you. You are only assuming and I assure you are incorrect. In fact I like to read your comments on threads. Not because we are alike but because we differ so much in so many ways. But when it comes down to it we are both game law abiding hunters and thats what really counts.

yes that is how many deer we saw hell i can see 50 deer or more in 4 days where i hunt here, is this like shooting fish in a barrel, my buddy has huge food plots and sees sometimes 30-40 deer a night on them, alot are bucks, so since we see alot of deer its like shooting deer in a barrel,
I have no trouble beleving you see 10+ deer per hunt at home. I see 10+ deer frequently while hunting at home. This discussion isn't about your local deer herd. You are missing the whole point of the penned hunt.

I know neither you or I or most any one else could drive to another state hunt for 7 days and see 125 bucks on your own. That is what makes it a canned hunt. They tell you where to sit in the morning, take you to your spot and stalk and rattleing locations in the noon hours then take you to your evening stand. You don't even know what is on the other side of that treeline or hill or meadow that you are looking at from your treestand. To me high fences and guides take the hunting out of hunting. It merly turns it into shooting.

go away you dont know what you are talking about and get your own opinions on things,
If you dont like or want to hear what I am saying there is a little green button up in the cornor where you can ignore all my posts and or messages. Now if its you who don't like me I suggest you use it because I ain't going nowhere. I am still trying to figure out who in the hells opinions I am using if they aren't mine. Since you know they aren't mine maybe you could point me in the right direction so I can find out whos they are.

You get so defensive about things when someone questions you, why is that?
Old 12-17-2003, 01:16 PM
Typical Buck

farmcntry,

I got one e-mail from the guy that you e-mailed me about in Idaho on that hunt, but he hasn't given me much information. Is there any chance that I can get you to e-mail me some of the information that you have so far. This is what he has said "world class mule deer hunt idaho muzzleloader for
november over the counter mule deer to 230 $1000 100 percent success on 150 class mule deer also have same hunt in wyoming for $750 190 biggest ever killed." My e-mail address is [email protected]. Since I am new to the outfitter thought, I would really appreciate your input.

I am also considering this hunt at the reference from farmcntry. I believe that some people don't feel that they are great white hunters for hunting in high fence areas. I think that they would simply be happy to put up something on their wall to have stories to tell other people.
Old 12-17-2003, 01:33 PM
Giant Nontypical

NEB, I sent you the info. with his phone #.
Old 12-18-2003, 06:55 AM
Nontypical Buck

Just curious, for the "I'd never hunt with-in a high fence" croud, how many of you would hunt on an island, such as the Blackbeard Island, of Georgia. Is that not the same as hunting with-in the confines of a fence. Heck, that Island is only 5600 acres. So, are the hunters that hunt there concidered to be "shooting fish in a barrel"
Old 12-18-2003, 06:57 AM
Boone & Crockett

Deer can easily swim off an island. Next.

Quick Reply: Poll on hunting in high fences.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.