Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Poll on hunting in high fences.

Old 12-17-2003, 09:31 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Poll on hunting in high fences.

NYBH, If you really want to trade look up Smith Mtn Lake in VA.
We have a condo there. Excellent strippers, largemouth, smallmouth, catfish, and carp.

MMMM-carp!

Or look up Booker T. Washington National Forrest. Same thing.
Excellent fishing.
Old 12-17-2003, 09:32 AM
Boone & Crockett

I love that area,world class fishery(Sandy Pond),good people and unreal sunsets.

We might want to get to back argueing about high fences now.
Old 12-17-2003, 09:36 AM
Boone & Crockett

Yeah that was kinda like halftime. Now to the 3rd quarter...............
Old 12-17-2003, 09:37 AM

Some people don't have the opportunities to hunt private land and don't want the hassles of public land when others trapse around and dis-respect those who go about it in a legit way so they turn to penned ranches to hunt I see nothing wrong with it if it is done legally. Sometimes I wonder if it isn't jealousy amongst us because I know I can't afford to pay and hunt these places, I don't necessarily agree with them but I think some people worry to much what the other is doing. If it's legal leave em alone....
Old 12-17-2003, 09:41 AM
Boone & Crockett

I don't think the argument is whether they should or shouldn't. I think before half-time we were debating it being no different than fair chase. Or if you can classify it as hunting. Or where the challenge lies in hunting fenced animals.
Old 12-17-2003, 09:44 AM
Boone & Crockett

Charlie that place looks awesome, are there any camp sites near there? I would love to bring the whole family up there for vacation!!!!!
Old 12-17-2003, 09:50 AM
Boone & Crockett

Unless I am sadly mistaken I beleive there was an agreement reached that there is a distinct difference between hunting fenced in deer and free roaming deer.
Old 12-17-2003, 09:50 AM
Boone & Crockett

Taz,There are plenty of sites up there. If you don't want to bring a camper ther are places that rent taht aren't an arm and a leg. Be more then happy to e-mail you a bunch of info for the area.
Old 12-17-2003, 10:05 AM
Boone & Crockett

Please do Charlie, my email is [email protected] I am going to talk to my wife tonight, we used to go up to Massena if you know where that is at, it is further north along the St. Lawrence seaway.
Old 12-17-2003, 10:43 AM

well not to bring up the fishing again but if im invited can i bring up my blasting caps and hand crank phone, little loud but works, oh i hope people arnt jealous about folks who pay to hunt but let me say this, where else can you go see the big rolling mosquite flats, havnt found them in ga. also want to see southwest colorado, hunt that beautiful terrain, alot of time i go on a pay hunt yes i want to kill a deer but also want to see NEW COUNTRY

Quick Reply: Poll on hunting in high fences.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.