Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Poll on hunting in high fences.

Old 12-17-2003, 08:06 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Poll on hunting in high fences.

Charlie what time of year do the salmon run up there? BTW those are some awesome pics!
Old 12-17-2003, 08:59 AM
Boone & Crockett

By the middle of August they are starting to really bunch up at the mouth of the river.

You can fish all summer long but my boats only 20 ft. medium V and doesn't have large tanks so I wait until they start getting closer to shore. I've been caught 9 miles out in some nasty storms. Too old for that anymore.

Here's a site where you can check the place out. It shows the beaches and the "cut" which goes into the pond. That's if it's to crazy on the main lake you can hang out on the Pond side.

http://www.sandypondresorts.com/
Old 12-17-2003, 09:14 AM
Boone & Crockett

Unfortunately when they are really running up into the river, it's right around bowseason. What's an outdoorsman to do??

You can fish all summer long but my boats only 20 ft. medium V and doesn't have large tanks so I wait until they start getting closer to shore. I've been caught 9 miles out in some nasty storms. Too old for that anymore.
Better man than me!! My arse is wihin 3 miles of shore. You only need to be close to caught in a storm out there.
Taz you should consider a trip it is absolutely wicked fishing. I'm only 45 minutes away from the river.
Old 12-17-2003, 09:21 AM
Boone & Crockett

My arse is wihin 3 miles of shore.
Exactly where mine stays now.

I was fishing for Walleye one day out at Little Gallo Island, well all I can say is ever seen a water spout? Large pucker factor that day.lol. Next thing you know waves are about 6fters, lightening cracking and I'm singing the Edmon Fitzgerold to my buddy. "and buddy it's too rough to feed ya."
Old 12-17-2003, 09:21 AM

what about us southerners, we dont get an invite LOL
Old 12-17-2003, 09:25 AM
Giant Nontypical

Since when do southerners need an invite to go?
Old 12-17-2003, 09:25 AM
Boone & Crockett

Absolutely trophyhunter....... I'll trade some of the best salmon fishing in the country for some of those Lake Sante Cooper bass!!
Old 12-17-2003, 09:27 AM
Boone & Crockett

Sure come on up. If we get too many to fish on my boat we'll rent a nice comfy charter boat fish the mornings and hang out on the beach and check bikini's in the afternoon.
Old 12-17-2003, 09:28 AM
Boone & Crockett

I wonder if we could use the keg as a drift bucket??
Old 12-17-2003, 09:29 AM
Giant Nontypical

Sante Cooper, PHA-LEEZ! There are giants in there but I know a small pond where you can catch 8 -10 lb bass easily.

Fishing Facts:

If its easy to get to and popular, the fish won't bite that day!

Quick Reply: Poll on hunting in high fences.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.