Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

[Deleted]

Old 12-11-2003, 08:57 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 12-11-2003, 09:01 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 12-11-2003, 10:04 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: orkTree Stand Safety Stats.

Mmm...BBQ.

Those are some pretty sobering statistics they've got there. As soon as I started stand shopping, I decided to get a full-body harness. There are just too many things to live for without risking it all because of lack of safety considerations.

A poacher I once knew (and since have disassociated with) swore he'd never wear one because it was too much hassle to get in and out off. Real smarts there. I keep waiting to see his face on the news after falling 25' and landing on his .300 Rem Mag (always loaded, never on safe). As they say, natural selection.
Old 12-11-2003, 11:02 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 12-11-2003, 11:12 AM
Giant Nontypical

Excellent post....

I have an Ameristep climber and wear the chest harness. BELIEVE ME.... I am still a little jittery climbing with the stand! I had the bottom platform go, "Oops!" and slip down an inch - two inches on me! Absolutely scared the living $*#&^@ outta me!! [][&:] As I write this, my Ameristep climber is banished to back closet, until I can get the cajones to get back up in it.

Butch
Old 12-11-2003, 11:22 AM
Boone & Crockett

Also: since my son was born, I want to be around and able to walk to show him how to hunt - not 6 ft. under cause of a hunting accident.
I wish more parents had their hearts and brains in the right place. So many people subscribe to the old "it'll never happen to me" philosophy. I'm glad to hear you're thinking responsibly for the sake of your family.
Old 12-11-2003, 12:13 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 12-11-2003, 02:55 PM
Typical Buck

Chilling stats...

I didn't use a harness when I first started using a tree stand, then I joined a club that required them. A guest fell asleep and out of a ladder stand. He broke an arm.

I've had the broken back (not hunting) and it's no fun. My club requires a full harness.