Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Possible record buck in MS.

Old 12-14-2003, 01:03 PM

Default RE: Possible record buck in MS.

You have made some good points. I don't have a problem with someone who questions the scoring of a deer, I do however have a problem with folks (read AKA) who call legit deer fakes all the time. Those people think they are being cute, but in reality, they are just being an arsehole.

I new nothing about this deer when I first posted the original pic. Over the past week I have gathered bits of info. from friends, via other friends, via their friends who new the shooter personally. It goes to show you that a 160 class deer can grow to a 188 class deer rather quickly. None the less, I thought my info was coming from good sources (one of them who actually saw the deer at the taxidermist). I live and hunt only 15 miles from where this deer was killed and know numerous people who know the shooter, but none the less was given inaccurate information because they were all guessing what the deer would score, vrs. waiting for an accurate B&C score. I just goes to show you how little many of us know about scoring deer properly (including myself).

Live and learn......
Old 12-14-2003, 08:20 PM

It's funny how the cowards disappear when they are wrong......
Old 12-14-2003, 08:35 PM
nub

And here I thought we all were starting to get along.
It's funny how the cowards disappear when they are wrong......
GroundHunter says;
Green scored at 188 and it is rumored to be the 2nd largest typical 8 point in the world.
The truth;
"We'll measure it again after the mandatory 60-day drying period, but right now it nets 156 6/8 inches.
So the rack's size was exagerrated by a mere 15%.
Who was right?[]
Hell, even Bucktrashers only gives it a buck sixty five.
Old 12-14-2003, 08:39 PM
Giant Nontypical

All I can say is WOW !

nubo
Old 12-14-2003, 09:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

Somebody must really know how to make a picture look bigger then.

I have an 8 point that nets 157 5/8". The thing is huge, but it does not look as big as the one in this picture.
Old 12-14-2003, 10:54 PM
Typical Buck

To all concered............ I am new to this site and so far have enjoyed looking at most of the posts. One thing I find particularly disturbing is when someone posts a pic of a really nice buck, how there are so many to start bashing them. I personally have never taken a "Trophy" buck, to most people. I would like to change this one day (hopefully soon!!) But true trophy's are like a good spouse......It's in the eye of the beholder. In simple terms, we all come to this site because we have a common interest in hunting. Lets be gentlemen and ladies and respect each other. As long as a deer, turkey, or any other game is taken legally, you all will have my congradulations.

Jay

Gun control? My gun. My control.
Old 12-15-2003, 05:20 AM
Banned

Gobblingbuck, I don't think it's jealousy. In this day and age, if you have something to say you damn well better be able to back it up. Looks like B.S. is a lot harder to get away with when there are 2 1/2 million sets of eyes out there to check things out. There's been too many lately that have put out outlandish claims about deer just in order to make some money off of the rack, or just for the simple reason of "pulling one over" on people. I suppose in a way, Rompola was a good thing. It opened up everyone's eyes to just how far people will go to deliberately mislead people in order to make a profit. Buck Fever Synthetics and their little Rompola World record con job, just to start a marketing scheme in order to sell the scent, really soured people on these types of claims. It's been a long time since I typed that name...lol. Someday someone will take me up on my standing offer of bankrolling a court case against Rompola and his croonies to get at the truth once and for all. Whoever exposes the truth about that will make a lot of money. Any takers out there? Have a good one.
Old 12-15-2003, 10:05 AM
Nontypical Buck

Did this guy go and change his clothes to get the pic?

If the deer was brought in was it never hung to bleed out? Because if the deer was laid down to get the pic later in the day there seems to be some blood on the leaves? Plus the tilt of the main beams seems to go straight in the air?
Old 12-15-2003, 11:03 AM

I see your post finally shut all the jealous guys up. The thing is a monster and the camera doesnt make it look any bigger no matter what some reject thinks.