Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Glasses can be an advantage!

Old 12-04-2003, 10:38 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default Glasses can be an advantage!

I use to worry about the glare/reflection of glasses when hunting and this season has been the first where I felt I had to wear them hunting, prior to this I had learned that in order not to spook a deer when they are in really close and playing the stare down game you had to put your eyes down to a slit to where they couldn't see you blink, I passed this on to my daughters, well if you recall me telling about my daughter and I have a doe feeding within 20 feet of us and we were fully exposed, I learned something.

When wearing glasses you can have your eyes fully open and blink during a stare down, but you can not do that without glasses, the only thing I can figure is they can not see through your glasses to see you blink. I tried this because it was bucks only and there was not a buck in sight, my daughter who doesn't wear glasses had listened to the old man and had her eyes down to slits, she told me there were times during the stare down when she closed her eyes just to make sure the doe didn't bust us.
Old 12-05-2003, 07:17 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 12-05-2003, 07:58 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Glasses can be an advantage!

It's nice to know that as we get older that some of our physical deteriation has a positive note to it.
Old 12-05-2003, 08:36 AM

I would have thought that the sound of your bones creaking would have given you away.
Old 12-05-2003, 09:14 AM
Nontypical Buck

swampdog, for several years my knee would pop every step I took. I had it replaced and solved that problem. Now I have to make sure I don't groan when I move or take a step. My bones may be creaking but I can't hear it because I've just about lost that too.
Old 12-05-2003, 09:16 AM
Boone & Crockett

I would have thought that the sound of your bones creaking would have given you away
Swamp I am so old now that my joints have all fused!!!!