Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

well here is another possible record per MEZ

Old 12-04-2003, 07:06 PM

Default RE: well here is another possible record per MEZ

How could anyone ever prove it was shot 1/2 hour late?? Heck, it would take forever to drag that moose out so coming out late doesn't mean jack.
Old 12-05-2003, 07:39 AM

Tell the Mez he is one lucky dude. I'm looking at his left hand a fair amount up the left main and it's not even closed. If I ever had that monster walk by me I'd be messing my pants pronto. Must have called in a chopper to airlift that big boy.
Old 12-05-2003, 11:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

Wow, I know it was used earlier but WOW!!!!!! I bet the horns alone weight 25 lbs.
Old 12-05-2003, 07:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

I think the photo is a FAKE. Doesn't look normal how the antlers come out of the head and there is a "flash" brightness on the deer that should be on the face of the hunter, but isn't.

Too many rumors floating around about this one to believe ANY of them. Unless Mez or someone else wants to give us the straight skinny, count me as a NONBELIEVER.
Old 12-05-2003, 08:11 PM
Spike

I had that deer walk under my stand just the other day but had to chase him off. No way he would have fit in my freezer. Had to wait for something smaller. L.O.L. ITS A MONSTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 12-06-2003, 09:05 AM
nub

This might shed some light.
The story is the deer was shot 1/2 hour after legal hunting time by a non-resident rifle hunter from Louisiana. He got cold feet and immediatly left the province leaving this and another deer hanging back at camp.

The Dryden Ministry office now has the deer. The 18 point grosses 223+ and nets 199-7/8 green typical. 12" of non-typical and an unmatched 7" tine kept this deer from world record consideration.

More info will become available after the investigation is completed.

Rumour has it a larger deer may have been taken by two teenagers in the same area. Is it the year of the teenager or what (Albia Buck etc.)?

Rick Poulin Records Chairman FROW-Big Game Records Of Ontario

The guy was driving back to camp when the buck ran out in the headlights. He shot it in the lights. [:@]
Old 12-06-2003, 10:26 AM

The guy was driving back to camp when the buck ran out in the headlights. He shot it in the lights.
hope its not true that would really be dissapointment.
Old 12-06-2003, 12:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

after lookin at that, im gonna need a new pair of pants
Old 12-06-2003, 02:02 PM

Its a poached deer. I ran across this thread on another site. It clearly shows the buck, the mnr officer, and the caption telling about the situation, all from a local newspaper. I hope they throw the book at him!!!

Take a look for yourself!
http://www.refugeforums.com/refuge/s...hreadid=183447

And for those that said Id have shot it half hour after legal,, you wouldnt do it in my camp! 1 tried it,, he was told to pack and leave immediately(10 hours from home). He was also met at the gate by a GW on his way out of the property. Play fair or dont play at all!!
Old 12-06-2003, 02:49 PM
Spike

Thanks for the lead Swamp. This is a horrible thing[>:]. May the law make an an example of these men! Wrong is wrong and illegal is illegal. What a disgrace!

Quick Reply: well here is another possible record per MEZ

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.