Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

CNN burns me up

Old 12-03-2003, 10:30 AM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: CNN burns me up

Eleven shots at eleven different vehicles is hunting related ? Give me a break ! wonder if she's an anti trying to slam us for some free airtime ?
Old 12-03-2003, 10:40 AM
Spike

Uhh... maybe a deer hunter did this? Aren't rifles unlawful for hunting deer in Ohio? Now if all the cars were hit with slugs or buckshot... Or maybe a muzzleloader...
Old 12-03-2003, 11:12 AM
Giant Nontypical

I NEVER watch CNN. They lean so far to the left they are about to fall over! [:@][:'(][>:]

Think about it for a second....
C.... N.... N....

Clinton News Network!!!!

Butch
Old 12-03-2003, 11:18 AM

like i said earlier, most are extreme left bed wetting liberal democrats, the truth
Old 12-03-2003, 11:39 AM

CNN-she........just not good[:@][:'(]--UG
Old 12-03-2003, 12:36 PM

CNN lost my attention during it's coverage of the War.

Write them a letter and let them know how you feel. Post us here if you get a response.
Old 12-03-2003, 02:32 PM

A couple of comments, without saying you're wrong. And I want to say up front, I didn't hear that story and don't know anything about this inciedent, so I really don't know the context, etc. and may be FOS - you've been warned.

First, I really don't get an idea from the background info. to know how much sense the question made in the context of the story/discussion on CNN. I get the impression that you just caught a comment at the tail end of a story.

Frankly, I don't see what the big deal is - why can't the question be asked. A gunshot during hunting season along a rural highway? I'm a hunter and the thought would come to my mind as well. I hear you saying, that that question shouldn't even be asked. To me, this is the same as the PC crap that's going around. Tell me why wouldn't a reasonable person wonder if a rural/highway shooting might be related to the thousands of people in the woods that day with guns? You'll admit it's not beyond possibility that an accidental bullet could fly, or worse yet, a dumb $hit hunter being careless.

Second, I think a lot of you guys are paranoid and think anything mentioned about hunting that doesn't meet your personal standards is "the enemy" speaking. Hell, (and I repeat, I didn't hear the story), it sounds to me like she was just asking a simple question that even I'd ask. Even if it was and ignorant question, that doesn't mean she's against us - she's just asking a question, and certainly as a professional, she should be asking the questions her audience wonders about.

NOW, I agree that many "media" types have no understanding and little tolerance for gun ownership and/or hunting. My wife (who's not a hunter or shooter but likes that I do) and I often kid that if the media somehow covered a search of our house, I would probably be implied to be some sort of drooling gun nut becasue of my personal "arsenal": 3 shotguns (one I actually use a lot, two my old dad just gave me), a .22 and a 30-06. Oh, I have a pump up bb gun to chase off moose and stray dogs. When in reality, I only view guns as utilitarian, not something to collect and spend a bunch of money on - just get what I need in utility grade stuff.

Just because you might assume the question is brought up by an ignorant "liberal" doesn't mean the question shouldn't be asked. Don't be so paranoid. Just MHO from a fellow hunter - zeke.

PS: I always get a kick when people throw out the L and D labels when they don't have anything worthwhile to say. Just another stereotype that is blind, igorant BS, as bad as the other side labeling all of us hunters as ignorant, kill-crazed rednecks. IMHO.
Old 12-03-2003, 02:34 PM

Correction to my above post: *if* this was indeed 11 shots at 11 different vehicles, the "was it hunters" question indeed becomes a very stupid one. But I still don't think it's such a big deal she asked it especially since I think a lot of regular old people would have that thought cross their minds, even if it doesn't make a whole lot of sense. -zeke
Old 12-03-2003, 02:44 PM
Dominant Buck

I changed to fox news. I get bent out of shape when I watch CNN. I had a
gut full when CNN ran a report titled "Marines kill women and child". The
story was about how a car tried to run a check point and was shot up. This
was after our soldiers were getting run down and bombed. The car happened
to have a women and a child in it. CNN made it sound like our soldiers were
indiscriminately killing people, rather than a car was shot up for trying to
run down our soldiers. That was the last time I watched CNN.[:@][:'(]
Old 12-03-2003, 03:18 PM
Boone & Crockett

Anyone who isn't paranoid in today's political climate should take a good, long look at the Constitution. Don't forget the struggles this nation had to endure some two hundred years ago to build the foundation of the country today.

More than just a handful of people would love to reform the U.S. into some kind of European-style parliamentary system, complete with lots of welfare and little personal freedom.

Quick Reply: CNN burns me up

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.