Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

hunting camps??

Old 12-03-2003, 08:06 AM

Default RE: hunting camps??

Somewhat off topic... but FYI
While not in the woods at my "deer camp" I've been reading a book called Legendary Deer Camps by Rob Wegner. Haven't finished it yet, but so far it's pretty good. Basically it tells the stories from famous deer camps of persons such as Teddy Roosevelt, Aldo Leupold, and others.

And one other great book that I read last year during deer season is Ten Point: Deer Camp in the Mississippi Delta. The author of this one retells the stories of him growing up & spending time in his family's camp in the Delta bottoms. Lots of photos in this one. A great read!
Old 12-03-2003, 11:22 AM

Hunting camp is now a pop up trailer, cazibo, outdoor shower. It was once a nice little cabin until a boulder fell on the owners trailer and he moved his stuff into the hunting cabin.

Old 12-03-2003, 11:29 AM

Oh and the hunting cabin itself.

Old 12-03-2003, 12:20 PM

sounds great!! cant wait till i got one to call my own
Old 12-03-2003, 12:52 PM

Hunting camp is a little one room shack built from the limber of a fallen down barn. Until I the only lady of the bunch started hunting it was a real mess. We now have a propane heating stove and a outhouse. We go here to get away from civilization even when we aren't hunting. My 8 and 11 year old beg to go all the time. They do have fun without TV, computer, or video games. We go and turn them loose on the 300 acres. We love living the simple life for a while.
Old 12-03-2003, 03:41 PM

ahhh....hunting camp. The memories ..wait I'm at hunting camp now. Is it bad to take a laptop into the woods ? Its getting away from the real world for as many days vacation as you have left.
Old 12-04-2003, 01:28 AM
Nontypical Buck

I've been through the whole spectrum with hunting camps:

-alone and in groups

-in tents, trailers, cabins, and the back of my truck (just an aluminum cap)

-nearly EVERYONE of my hunting partners was a loud snorer![:@]

-and the best I ever had was a friend's vacation home on the lake--a 4500 sq foot timberframe luxury house on the lake with fireplaces, a jacuzzi and an indoor pool. Boy, did we rough it!