Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

If its legal, is it acceptable?

Old 11-30-2003, 07:59 AM

Default RE: If its legal, is it acceptable?

Rem- The post is not BS, thank you very much.

This guy exists and I am sure he is not too unique. There is a huge population of deer in NJ and people want does killed. Did you notice the " earn-a-buck" requirements?? Because it is the most populated state on a per square mile basis, the overpopulation of deer presents a problem for motorists and home owners. NJ is a very anti-state, but the " deer problem" outweighs the hub-bub from the anti' s. I drove through a county park and counted over 125 does within about a 30 minute period. Only saw 2 bucks that day. Of course, hunting is not allowed in the park.

As more development occurs, hunting land and deer habitat becomes more scarce. Overall, the number of licenses sold each year declines. Last year only about 68,000 (I think) licenses were sold. The trend for license sales is declining.

Bigway- nice job with the regulations, you must be a lawyer to figure NJ regulations out. If you want to have fun with these guys, post the regulations that outline what days you can and cant hunt in NJ and watch the confusion as people try to figure out NJ....
Old 11-30-2003, 08:35 AM
dpv
Typical Buck

I' ve been thinking aobu this post since I responded yesterday. I have something to add. If you have a severe overpopulation problem then you need hunters to kill the deer. You need Does killed especially. If someone was willing to kill the deer and donate the meat he can' t use I say go for it. but this guy is described as taking unscrupulous shots and I imagine he doesn' t spend much time tracking wounded deer. It just seems wrong to me.

David
Old 11-30-2003, 08:37 AM
Typical Buck

NJ allows 1 doe a day throughout bow and permit seasons. You can legally shoot 6 bucks.

There is no way a normal person can consume more than 2-3 deer a year but I can see giving some to a food bank. 30 deer means that the guy is a killer and not a hunter. He is also probably selling the deer. We have a 55 yr old guy that is single and lives in an Apt. He shoots about 10 deer a year and I overheard him saying that he get " orders" from people. What' s up with that? This is the same guy that shoots buttons/fawns/you name it/and was against our proposed QDM rule 2 years ago. Some people are slobs and I would love to see this guy out of our club.

Anyway. Legal does not always mean RIght or Ethical.

Good luck.

Bob
Old 11-30-2003, 08:50 AM

Goldhunter,
Please accept my apologies. Upon further reflection I feel that I have been unfair to you. You see, here in SC we have 4 of the 11 game zones that have unlimited buck harvest and the only limits on doe are 2 per day with an unlimited harvest for the season. We also have the longest season in the country that runs from the middle of August to January 1 with some special youth hunts into the middle of January. So it is very possible to kill 30+ deer during this time.
Let me once again apologize to you for my prior post and offer my assistance to try and help you with your problem. Give us this guy' s name and any additional, identifying info and lets see if we can' t find a phone# for this guy. I would be more than happy to be the first of many willing to call and talk to this fella. He may not give a damn about what I got to say to him individually but with the help of our friends here he might see the light. If not, maybe the shame he feels after trying to explain to his wife why all these hunters from around the country are calling the house might help.

Your humble servant,
Rem7400
Old 11-30-2003, 11:00 AM
Typical Buck

Well I one thing I' m looking for in these threads and have not found is " Is he a safe hunter?" The other thing is " What percentage of deer shot does he recover?"

I think the club members should discuss this wth the club leaders and take appropraite action if he' s unsafe or unethical in the club members view.

Old 11-30-2003, 03:52 PM

Hey Goldhunter, its BigWay. I' m not a lawyer, I' m the guy who butchers your deer!
Your buddy George was in this morning. He picked up his meat and hide, and your hide and horns. I' ve noticed you like to stir this up on this website. Nice job! Good luck with the muzzleloader tomorrow if you go. By the way I drive deer now and then and consider myself a very good hunter. Have Fun,
Brett
Old 11-30-2003, 04:00 PM

If it bothers you as much as it seems, get with the desicion makers on the club and voice your concerns. Even though we are allowed 12 deer in the state of Georgia,our rules in the club allow us only 4 deer. Hope it all works out for you.
Old 11-30-2003, 04:35 PM

Welcome to the board BigWay- glad you joined. There seem to be a lot of real good people here.

With some luck and some skill, I hope to have another deer in your freezer very soon. Good luck to you too.