Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

kids and hunting

Old 12-01-2003, 09:29 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: kids and hunting

willbjew when I was a young buck about the only time I didn' t like deer hunting was sitting on stand, the things that kept me interested in deer hunting because it was more than just sitting there (my preference now) was drives and running dogs, there was action in these two activities so it kept my interest, heck I loved being a driver, we didn' t do what a lot of folks stereotypically think drivers do, 2-4 people would be standers while 4-6 others would slowly work through designated areas slowly back and forth to keep them from sliding back by us. I killed deer both as a driver and a stander, the standing part is what slowly turned me into a stand hunter, of course getting old helped in the decision also!
Old 12-01-2003, 09:49 PM

Default RE: kids and hunting

Yeah definitely if you have a dogger let him go with him for a day. I used to love doing with the dogger cause I got to see all the different areas and swamps/marshes and really get a feel for the land before I still hunted it.