Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Smoking & Hunting??

Old 11-28-2003, 03:48 AM

Default RE: Smoking & Hunting??

Ha ha ha....what a thread....well guess what...i' m in my 50' s & yes in my younger years i' ve done the same as thelastboyscout.....hell been there, done that got the t-shirt to prove it....i' m not saying it' s right or wrong but how many of you have had a little flask in your hip pocket to keep the " chill" off....like that really works....hell I even enjoy the odd toke now & then but as for smoking up while hunting....not any more...only smoke the cancer sticks while in the bush!!!! Lighten up guys....are you all so perfect that you' ve never done things in the past that could be questionalbe or even illegal????? And yes, i' ve shot deer while smoking a joint as well as while smoking a cancer stick & as well as while not smoking anything...just have to be in the right place at the right time!!!!!!!! Thanks for the great laugh.....[:-].......Brampton Mike [8D]
Old 11-28-2003, 08:01 AM

Being impared in the woods with a weapon is just plain stupid and dangerous.
Old 11-28-2003, 12:32 PM

Yeah, its not a big deal to some of you guys until your out with your kids hunting and someone shoots at your son thinking he' s a deer. I bet you would have a different outlook then. smoke a joint at home and stay there. wtf is wrong with some of you?
Old 11-28-2003, 04:53 PM

Wow I never thought I' d be listening to a bunch of tattletail sportsman threatening to turn someone in if they see or catch them " partaking in one of god' s plants that
grows in the ground" . I especially was intrigued by the posts ofthe guys that have never and will never. Sounds like the Anti' s man, one should educate themselves before making blatantly ignorant statements concerning something they themselves have no idea about. Alcohol is a much stronger drug and it' s impairing abilities far exceed that of marijuana. Condeming something because a person on drugs(generalization, the guy was talking about weed for Christsake not cocaine,meth or heroin ) is going to betrigger happy or haphazard to others or himself is ludicrous as most of you guys wouldn' t be able to tell if someone was smoked up or not! This is 2003 soon tobe 04' and it' s attitudes like these that are spending millions of tax dollars per year on the so-called " drug war" . I am friends with and associates with some high profile guides and outdoorsman that do smoke
and if I had a nickel for every P&Y andB&C buck that I ' d seen I could quit my job.
I bet most of you deal with people everyday that probably smoke and you' d never know! Boyscout was talking about scent ,not everyone' s opinion on his choice' BIG difference. Most took it as there cue to hop on the high horse and start preaching their little views on " drugs" instead of answering the man' s question. Well if you never have and never will then good for you,but for the folks that do and take trophies of all kinds on the water or in the field cheers to you as it' s nobody' s business anyhow! For the guy that touted " I' d get a GW down there..." What a joke
man,what' s it feel like to be a narc? Like you' d be able to tell,you shouldn' t be that close to a gun hunter anyways! You should seek employment with the authorities as you know so much(little)! I got my buck this morning and yes I smoked before I climbed into my stand. For everyone that thinks pot makes you stupid,slow and
impairs judgement keep on thinking that as that' s what you were taught in school and the media. Let' s forget about the medicinal values and products such as hemp
that you can make such items as rope,clothes,shoes etc. All of us should remember
from where this fine plant comes from.. the very ground on which you hunt on my friends! Kind of funny if you think about it isn' t it? It' s my form of paxil if you will
as I am as high energy as they come and that is my equalizer. I honestly hope I never read posts as grossly ignorant as some of the ones I read because the
brainwashed folks that wrote them just make themselves look for lack of a better word not smart. Go ahead and tear me a new one as your backing up everything I just said! Anyways to the actual question about scent...I personally don' t smoke in my stand, cigs or pot so I wouldn' t have an example to go on but I honestly think body and food odors are worse and should be minimized. But then again I descent as if I was bowhunting. My 8 was shot at 15 yds then I had to wait 45 min as 4 does were milling around my area and I didn' t want to spook anything...Never got busted....Cheers!
Old 11-28-2003, 05:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

What are you thinking. Please dont smoke weed in the woods. That **** can **** you up. I should know I used to be a huge pothead. I wish I could still smoke, but its not worth getting caught over. Smoke in your house not in the woods. Heck I am all ready high. A " Natural High" that is.
Old 11-28-2003, 05:32 PM

Nice post Eatfishunt. There is a big difference between drunkeness and smoking a doobie, but some of these peckerwoods just don' t get it.
Old 11-28-2003, 05:39 PM

Deerhunter the keyword you said was CAN **** you up. Affects differ from person to person and yes some folks shouldn' t as they won' t be able to find the doorknob to leave the house. What am I thinking..... about what in particular? Why I' m thinking right now of all the post season scouting I' m going to be doing real soon how about you?
Old 11-28-2003, 06:34 PM
Boone & Crockett

Rem/eatfishhunt,
Spoken like true @%& holes!! You' re what hunting is NOT about. This is my last response to this post cause frankly it makes me sick. So sit back smoke a bong and ensue your endless babble and justification. You' re no hunters!!
Old 11-28-2003, 08:51 PM

buddy- pls dont tell me what getting high is or isnt like as i' ve probably smoked more then you have ever dreamed about. Dont tell me that it doesnt impair your thinking (why would you do it). I smoked with about 7 of my closest friends for many years. I quit because i had to but my friends never did. They are all still living with there moms. My buddy ran a stop sign one night while stoned and killed some guy on his way to the laundry mat. Maybe you would like telling the guys wife and kids how it doesnt really affect you. Maybe if someone ran you kid down in a stoned stupor you would have a change of heart. I dont know where your from but i hope we wont be in the same woods on opening day. I dont know how other people are but if you ever made any stupid mistakes out there while stoned and it affected me or my family, it would be your last mistake. Why do you think that the majority of people are apalled at the thought of you getting high then hunting? You think its ok because you mind is probably clouded. I know you dont give a sh** what i think so i' m not going to go on and on.
bro- you dont need to be out there with a gun in your hands while stoned.
Old 11-28-2003, 10:14 PM

I' m not too sure about deer liking the smell of pot but I do know that the enjoy eating it. There are plenty of accounts of southern farmers in the 30' s having trouble with whitetail populations devistating hemp crops (yes thats right folks hemp used to be on of the south' s biggest cash crops!). Pot smoking was actually a socialite activity in the south for decades.

allright, I used to smoke pot, drink shine, huff glue, whatever I could before I went into the woods as a younger man. I looked at it as a rebellious thing, good thing it was not habit forming (even though I still do it from time to time) or I wouldn' t be here today. Lets face it the hours can get pretty long out there and gun hunting (notice I exclude bow hunting from this profiling) does not take the most skill, you scout, wait, and shoot, big deal, there' s nothing wrong with getting a buzz to sit in the woods, as long as you are not hurting anyone.

Quick Reply: Smoking & Hunting??

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.