Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Going Bathroom In Woods?

Old 11-18-2003, 01:00 PM

Default RE: Going Bathroom In Woods?

This question reminded me of a story. One time, a few years back, my son, who was 8 at the time, and I went bow hunting. I found a nice scrape about 40 yards away from my stand the day before. I showed my son the scrape and explained what the scrape was and what deer did at the scrape. While I was putting a scent dripper on the branch above the scrape I heard the slap of water hitting the dirt. There was my son letting it go right in the middle of the scrape. I got a little upset with him, apologized and said " hey when you gotta go...you gotta go" and proceeded to the stand for the evening hunt.

Two hours later, a nice bodied 6 point buck came through and investigated the scrape. I thought he would high tail it out of there once he got a good whiff. Surprisingly, the deer got upset, scraped like heck, and thrashed his antlers over and over again on the overhanging branch. After the shot hit the boiler room and the deer crashed I looked at my son and said " Pee wherever you want."
Old 11-18-2003, 05:49 PM
Fork Horn

Urine is urine. I have freshened scrapes with my own urine. Seems to make bucks mad. They will expand and freshen the scrape. Excretement dosen' t bother deer like HUMAN SCENT.
Old 11-18-2003, 07:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

Scrape away a clear spot a few inches deep, go in it, cover it with dirt and leaves.