Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Pennsylvanians!!! When does your season start and are the bucks getting bigger?

Old 11-12-2003, 11:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Pennsylvanians!!! When does your season start and are the bucks getting bigger?

Just wanting to know......
Old 11-12-2003, 03:11 PM

Default RE: Pennsylvanians!!! When does your season start and are the bucks getting bigger?

I geuss your asking when rifle starts if so Dec. 1

And yah buddy im seeing great improvement 6' s 8' s and 10' s EVERYWHERE
Old 11-12-2003, 05:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Pennsylvanians!!! When does your season start and are the bucks getting bigger?

I' ve seen a lot of bigger bucks this year...
Old 11-12-2003, 06:02 PM

December 1 is the start. I have always had petty good quality deer on our property just getting more of it now. I think we will need another two years yet to see just where the point restriction is going to take us.
Old 11-12-2003, 07:58 PM

I can' t say that I' ve seen any difference yet. Pa. buck is always the 1st Monday after Thanksgiving.
Old 11-13-2003, 05:18 AM
Nontypical Buck

I' ve heard of and seen a good bit of quality size deer this year, but I' ve seen the little ones too.... I believe there has been inprovement, but time will tell if it is really workin. Hopefully by 2 year' s we' ll have mid-west sized antlers! []
Old 11-13-2003, 08:07 AM
Nontypical Buck

Yes and no in my obsrevations. There are a few more of hte 2.5 size deer around this season, but there are also a ton of really small 1.5 year old, I think cause by the really harsh winter. Which is good, cuase they' ll all be safe this year and be nice size next year. Looking forward to the next couple of years to really tell.
Old 11-13-2003, 11:20 AM
Nontypical Buck

Same as years before - young bucks walking around in the daylight, older bucks are nocturnal.

Scott Meier
White Oak Lodge
Old 11-13-2003, 11:55 AM
Boone & Crockett

I have seen some slightly larger bucks this year both in terms of body size and antler dimensions.....but I have also seen a heck of alot fewer deer overall. I look forward to seeing what rifle season holds.
Old 11-13-2003, 11:57 AM

I' ve seen more young buck this year than ever before. Hopefully in the near future these little guys will mature and be legal bucks. My family has a camp in Potter county, 15 miles from the NY border. The biggest buck taken out of there in the past 10 or more years was a 12inch 6 point. They didn' t even see a legal buck last year. One of the members was up there this weekend and reported seeing atleast 5 legal buck. One 14, two 10' s , and a couple nice 8' s. I would bet a couple of those buck are the ones we passed up last year.

Quick Reply: Pennsylvanians!!! When does your season start and are the bucks getting bigger?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.