Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

First deer stories

Old 11-11-2003, 06:47 AM

Default First deer stories

I know alot of you have amazing first deer stories so post them here. heres mine

I was 12 it was Dec 1 first day of rifle we climb up a ridge about 3miles high maybe were about 2miles up and my dad trips and falls not a big deal happens all the time. My dad lets out a few words you guys know what i mean i look at the pre 64 model 88 308 its in 2 peices tears are running down his face we walk up with a group of people so everybodys talking to im @ once he says to me that hes really sorry i was like its ok it doesnt matter so we walk back down the mountain and get my dads .270 and were up about 2 miles up my dad goes you want to go to the top i asked him how long it would take he lied and said 10 minutes so we did it
about 2 hours later a group of does walk in i pull up to the biggest doe my dads saying take the one to the right its easier then i took my shot. my dad asked me how i felt about the shot i say good so we walk down there and the does dead. so my dads saying im so proud of you and we took pics and dragged him down the end
Old 11-11-2003, 04:57 PM

Default RE: First deer stories

hay guys well i was 13 when i first started hunting no one is my famley hunted i got in to it from my dads friend .... so as he died i had really no one to hunt with in till i was 16 and had limted time to hunt and had to travle 60 miles to hunt in rushford ny south of buffalo....

well i was 19 and i got permission from a friend grama to hunt there 25 acors ... in sted of going to rushford with my buddy and his dad on the 3rd day of gun season...
so i got a late start had my dad drop me off my truck was in the shop and told him to pick me uparound 11 am i started about 7 am and i was walking back on the hegroad of a field and about 80 yards in from of my was a doe lift my 12 ga and shot at the deer and missing over his back then shot again and the deer started running full bord tord the woods in back look like the deer ducked his head and ran in to the woods so the deer ran about 200 yards to the woods,
so i could not find any blood at all think sh*& i missed the 2ed shot ,,, looked all over for the deer for about 2 1?2 hours... so then i went back to the house up front to wate for my dad and keep saying to my self and getting fustarted say i know i had to hit it so i took one last look and re walked were i hit him and walked were he crossed the feild to the woods were when i said he ducked he the spike bit the dust and faild out there in the feild my first deer and buck maid the most perfect shot and was like a dream hunt and will never for get it not bad for open sites....... this is something i will never forget .. thay allways say the first is the most mermorable........ good bless

big al bowmansville ny wny