Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

The Longest Week of the Year

Old 10-28-2003, 07:25 AM

Default The Longest Week of the Year

General rifle season opens on November 1st. I' m struggling to make it through the longest week of the year. I' m a construction project manager, so I am on the phone all day with contractors, vendors, and clients, but this week about 50% of my calls are from my hunting buddies getting geared up for opening weekend.
Old 10-28-2003, 07:31 AM

Default RE: The Longest Week of the Year

I know how you feel. The season in Ky opens Nov. 8th. I' m on the phone a lot myself but it' s been more talking about opening season...lol.
Old 10-28-2003, 10:19 AM

I third the notion. I have to wait till the 8th and all I can think of is deer deer deer!! I have a new rifle, new stand on land I have been hunting for years. Seen 5 deer in 10 minutes while scouting last weekend, one of which was a great looking 8 pointer. First year in our woods with no standing corn to deal with, which means lots of deer will be roaming. I have hunting about 10 years now and I don' t think I have been this pumped for deer season as this year!! I am having trouble at work, cause all I want to do is surf the net for deer hunting stuff:-( not good
Old 10-28-2003, 12:02 PM
Fork Horn

I have to wait until Nov 15. I' m taking 2 weeks vacation. I' m after an 8 pt that eluded me last year!
Old 10-28-2003, 04:14 PM

I' m envious of you all. I have to wait until Nov. 22nd and I' m already having trouble concentrating. My necks starting to swell and I have this urge to pee down the inside of my legs while standing in dirt. :-) The only thing thats keeping me sane is this great web site, hunting shows and making sausage for deer camp.
Old 10-29-2003, 04:05 AM

My necks starting to swell and I have this urge to pee down the inside of my legs while standing in dirt. :-)
Im not the only one []

LOL
Old 10-29-2003, 11:58 AM
Nontypical Buck

lhook7, I' m just north of you in Conroe and I will be hunting up this way also. Whereabouts are you hunting?
Looks like it will be a very warm weekend with high' s in the low to mid-80' s. Hopefully the cloud cover will move in and keep the temperatures down a bit. Low' s both Saturday and Sunday morning will be in the mid to upper 60' s. Regardless, deer movement is on the up. I' m fixing to head out and shoot my rifle. Good luck buddy.

Johnny
Old 10-29-2003, 12:34 PM

Johnny,
I live just South of Tomball, but my lease is about 50 miles North of Del Rio. I checked the weather out there and it appears to be mirroring what we are forecast for here in Houston. Good Luck!
Old 10-30-2003, 10:12 AM
Nontypical Buck

You sure do have a drive ahead of you. I used to hunt out near Junction and Ozona but that is as far as I' d go. Pretty country out towards Del Rio. Do you hunt Mule Deer out that way also? Good luck.