Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Layering Clothes

Old 10-24-2003, 12:03 PM

Default RE: Layering Clothes

spray your feet with anti-perspirent to keep them from getting wet with sweat. It works great, try it. I jjust use Right guard.
Make sure it is actually an anti-perspirent, and not a deodorant.
Old 10-24-2003, 07:50 PM
Dominant Buck

UpNorth ,
listen closely to your Norhern brothers , they can advise you in ways that I never could . Our Winters are very temperate compared to yours .
Old 10-24-2003, 08:09 PM

Yeah your friends up north will help the best.

I got to say that Bass Pro is way to EXPENSIVE! on everything.

Down here where I live, I carry a backpack when hunting. I dress warm in the morning then as the day warms I peel it off and put it in the BackPack, then if it cools as the day goes by you can dig it out.

Troy

Alway' s have to much than not enough.
Old 10-25-2003, 06:30 AM
Nontypical Buck

Silk (if needed) then polypropolene, then wool or fleece, then your outer layer with wind stopping and water stopping qualities. You may not need all these layers every day/hunt but you will learn. A dry mild day and a cold wind-ripping-soaker are obviously different situations. A backpack with extras is a good way to go for things like an extra set of socks to change at midday.
Poly liners for your mittens or gloves, poly liners for your wool socks, and pack boots or at least well insulated boots. And most importantly YOUR HAT!!! Get a good one. It is it too hot you can always tip it back further on your head, or even remove it temporarily while you " vent" . but if you need a warmer hat later and don' t have it you' re screwed.
You can always remove layers but if you don' t have them and need them you will not be focused....you will be chattering!
How heavy your layers need to be will come with experience. After a few freezing and sweaty trips you will monitor and adjust.
Oh yeah...a neck gaiter is an excellent " accessory" for the well dressed stand sitter.