Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Hunting Solo? Female...

Old 10-17-2015, 12:15 PM
Spike

but never stop living the passion, enjoy nature. everyday in the bush is time well spent!
Old 10-18-2015, 05:44 AM
Giant Nontypical

I hunt alone almost all the time. My father who was my hunting buddy my entire life passed away in 2013. I can't bring myself to share my woods time with anyone else, so I venture out solo now.
Old 10-18-2015, 06:59 AM
Fork Horn

Well Sunshine, If you don't care to share, how did things go for you?
Old 10-18-2015, 07:18 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by tndrbstr
Well Sunshine, If you don't care to share, how did things go for you?
Haven't hunted yet this year. Will go to CO in DEC to fill 2 doe tags. But last year I took the following all on solo jaunts:

So, do you have some sort of issue with the fact I'd rather enjoy my own company when hunting? Because if you do, too bad. You hunt your way and I'll thank you to allow me to hunt my way. Can you do that?
Old 10-18-2015, 07:42 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by flags

So, do you have some sort of issue with the fact I'd rather enjoy my own company when hunting? Because if you do, too bad. You hunt your way and I'll thank you to allow me to hunt my way. Can you do that?

TFF,...
flags, there are a lot of things I don't know or really care to know about.
Take a look at the OP's forum name and then re-READ my post again. If that doesn't straighten anything out for you then so be it.

Last edited by tndrbstr; 10-18-2015 at 08:19 AM.
Old 10-18-2015, 07:44 AM
Super Moderator

TFF,...
flags, there are a lot of thinks I don't know or really care to know about.
Take a look at the OP's forum name and then re-READ my post again. If that doesn't straighten anything out then so be it.
Flags can be overly sensitive
-Jake
Old 10-18-2015, 07:45 AM
Super Moderator

What are the birds in the pictures flags? and is that a .22 you hunt them with?
-Jake
Old 10-18-2015, 08:17 AM
Giant Nontypical

TFF,...
flags, there are a lot of things I don't know or really care to know about.
Take a look at the OP's forum name and then re-READ my post again. If that doesn't straighten anything out for you then so be it.
I did read the OP's name. But when your post immediately follows mine and uses some of the same words as mine then I take it as directed towards me. Note the word "share" was never in her post but it was in mine so I took your comment as a shot towards me. If I took it wrong I publicly apologize.

What are the birds in the pictures flags? and is that a .22 you hunt them with?
-Jake
They are blue grouse, also known as dusky grouse. I use an old Rem 22 pump I inherited from my grandfather on them. I try to take a half dozen or so every time I'm back in CO and the season is open.
Old 10-18-2015, 08:23 AM
Fork Horn

Ya , well you took it wrong,
and no apology neccesary
Old 10-18-2015, 08:43 AM
Nontypical Buck

I prefer hunting alone, but it sure is nice to have some help on call. Most times things are fine, but stuff happens. Like you shoot something to heavy to lift. Or whatever you are shooting at jumps just as you shoot, ends up wounded and it is getting dark fast. The bulb on that flashlight that has never failed you picks that moment to crap out.

To have somebody on call is wise. Stumbling around the woods in the dark can be flat dangerous. I always carry a map and a compass with an illuminated dial. It really doesn't take a giant forest to get lost in.

Few real hunters will say no when you call in the middle of the night, even just the acquaintances. Most have been there done that.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.