Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

smartphone calls?

Old 10-22-2015, 03:58 AM
Spike

I am with deer nutz. My father and brother aswell as a few close friends that live by my hunting land all carry our cell phones on silent. Which turned out beneficial , a few years ago when a hunter in our area was shooting other hunters. As I am sure some of you have heard of the hmong man killing hunters near Birchwood, Wi.

I was in my stand and my phone kept going off. After about the 10th time I looked and saw It was my fathers best friends widow. So I answered as she never calls me just my dad. She knew I was the only one with a cell phone at the time and was calling me to tell me about the shootings as they were right near where my grandfather was hunting with his cousin. Well I was out of the woods and flying down the road in no time. Got to the cabin to find my grandfather and his cousin playing cribbage in the cabin safe and sound.

But had there been an emergency it is sure nice to have. As far as calling deer electronically I believe it is illegal here in Wisconsin as well, but predator hunting it is ok. Never tried it. But I have found it useful as a tool to teach my stepson and nieces how to use their deer calls.