Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Man dies after falling from tree stand

Old 10-28-2015, 04:22 AM
Dominant Buck

The important part of this discussion and subject is it will probably bring someone to the conclusion that going up into a tree stand without a safety harness is not a good idea. If talking about it saves one person it is worth it. I think most of us old timers know someone who has fallen.
Old 10-28-2015, 09:28 AM
Giant Nontypical

I'm not going to pick the many points I probably could to varies contributors to this thread but I think it would clarify a lot if everyone opened the link and viewed the video in the OP. Assuming the video is of the actual spot of the fall it looks like a very poor setup indeed with wooden rungs nailed or screwed onto the BACK side of the tree as compared to the position of the hang on stand. In the video I see no evidence of a safety tether, haul line or anything.

http://www.twcnews.com/nc/triad/news...-accident.html
Old 10-28-2015, 09:33 AM
Giant Nontypical

I will create another thread with a link to the HUNTERcourse.com online tree stand safety video. This is the only online tree stand safety video course that meets industry standards recognized by TMA. It is fully interactive, narrated and takes just 15 minutes to complete. AND IT IS FREE. Please visit my new thread, view the video and take the test.
Old 10-28-2015, 09:47 AM
Giant Nontypical

That setup was an accident waiting to happen!!! Thanks for the new thread uncle matt! I'll be watching the video this afternoon.

Last edited by Topgun 3006; 10-28-2015 at 09:50 AM.
Old 10-28-2015, 10:48 AM
Dominant Buck

I moved that very important link Uncle Matt posted to a sticky at the top of this forum page. I encourage all tree stand hunters to spend a few minutes to go over the material. It is all of our best interests to always talk up safety. Just posting that Uncle Matt will probably save a person's life. Thank you......