Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Deer Droppings?

Old 07-12-2015, 05:40 PM
Giant Nontypical

Just stirring the pot - LOL

I have no conclusive evidence as to what it IS either ??

So, as Ridge says; "I don't think that coon cares what you call it". :-)

I'm not sayin it's a coon, but deer ????

Hey, thanks for letting me know though.
Old 07-12-2015, 06:22 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by rockport
Well that could be. The picture on the right looks like deer to me but I don't know anything about wild hogs though. I wouldn't be discussing wild hog droppings because I don't know anything about them. Wild hog dropping may well look like deer droppings......I wouldn't know.

I do know that deer droppings don't look like the OP
Ah, now you're not sure about the droppings in the pictures I just posted, LOL! FYI they were both from deer, but hog droppings many times can look similar, and also FYI I've watched more than one or two deer take a dump during the summer months when they're on a moist soybeans or alfalfa diet up here and their poop looked exactly like the OP picture. Some of you guys have obviously just not been out and around long enough to see things like some of us old timers that know what we're looking at and there is nothing wrong with that since experience in one's life is a great thing!

Last edited by Topgun 3006; 07-12-2015 at 06:26 PM. Reason: Spelling
Old 07-12-2015, 07:42 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by Topgun 3006
Ah, now you're not sure about the droppings in the pictures I just posted, LOL! FYI they were both from deer, but hog droppings many times can look similar, and also FYI I've watched more than one or two deer take a dump during the summer months when they're on a moist soybeans or alfalfa diet up here and their poop looked exactly like the OP picture. Some of you guys have obviously just not been out and around long enough to see things like some of us old timers that know what we're looking at and there is nothing wrong with that since experience in one's life is a great thing!
So, now "we" know !

The end..................................??
Old 07-12-2015, 08:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'm 100% sure that is exactly what clumped deer droppings look like. I don't know anything about wild hogs and never claimed to.

Ive explained the difference to you and you have obviously searched Google trying to prove me wrong and all you can come up with is pictures showing the exact difference Ive tried to explain to you and nothing that looks like the OP.

You claim to have all this experience yet you thought it was to big to be a coon

I'm not going to sit here and argue about poo all night Ive already explained the difference you can either take it or leave it.

I'm confident most hunters know that is not likely deer dropping.
Old 07-13-2015, 01:23 AM
Nontypical Buck

For the sake of conversation I will share this:
I don't know the quality of the viewing device members are using here. My monitor has a resolution of 94 ppi, not spectacular, but far from sucky.
Even though that was a soft /moist stool that had been rained on, I can still see where the formation of 4 pellets are but they are compressed. The rain took away any other potential pellet detail from the stool. Take a look at the image upper left in the following link and tell me that looks like typical deer droppings. The description of all four photos is just below the box. How many here would have been stumped by that? Quite a few of us, probably. Something new to consider next we're in the woods.(Or debating on a thread)

http://ruewildlifephotos.com/index/detail/483 .

Last edited by Game Stalker; 07-13-2015 at 02:06 AM.
Old 07-13-2015, 03:53 AM
Boone & Crockett

Forget it stalker, some folks just don't know crap from shinola.
Old 07-13-2015, 07:05 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Game Stalker
For the sake of conversation I will share this:
I don't know the quality of the viewing device members are using here. My monitor has a resolution of 94 ppi, not spectacular, but far from sucky.
Even though that was a soft /moist stool that had been rained on, I can still see where the formation of 4 pellets are but they are compressed. The rain took away any other potential pellet detail from the stool. Take a look at the image upper left in the following link and tell me that looks like typical deer droppings. The description of all four photos is just below the box. How many here would have been stumped by that? Quite a few of us, probably. Something new to consider next we're in the woods.(Or debating on a thread)

http://ruewildlifephotos.com/index/detail/483 .
I do think the quality of viewing devices may be an issue here. That is not pellets IMO it is where it folded over as it hit the ground. Its long,skinny and folded 4 times.....that is just not how deer poo. That is what I see anyway. I think the viewing of it does probably have more to do with the disagreement than whether people know what deer droppings look like though

There was never any reason to go all know it all. The picture just isn't good enough to be absolutely 100% sure what it is.

It could be deer dropping effected by the rain. The picture isn't good enough to rule that out completely IMO but I am pretty sure I can see details that rule out deer.

Old 07-13-2015, 08:50 AM
Giant Nontypical

Instead of drawing red circles around deer poop and arguing that you know that's not what it is, have you bothered to look at the top left picture in the link gamestalker put up? It's one big pile of soft poop that looks almost like it came from a domestic cow. Maybe instead of looking at those trail camera pictures of that nice buck you just posted on the other thread you should get down on your hands and knees and check out what his poop looks like in July with all the soft, moist vegetation he's eating to get that big! I can guarantee that you aren't going to find a lot of individual pellets like you would late in the year and on through winter. If some of you naysayers would study up and look at articles and pictures that are on the net this 5 page debate wouldn't have happened!
Old 07-13-2015, 08:57 AM
Nontypical Buck

Instead of drawing red circles around deer poop and arguing that you know that's not what it is, have you bothered to look at the top left picture in the link gamestalker put up? It's one big pile of soft poop that looks almost like it came from a domestic cow. Maybe instead of looking at those trail camera pictures of that nice buck you just posted on the other thread you should get down on your hands and knees and check out what his poop looks like in July with all the soft, moist vegetation he's eating to get that big! I can guarantee that you aren't going to find a lot of individual pellets like you would late in the year and on through winter. If some of you naysayers would study up and look at articles and pictures that are on the net this 5 page debate wouldn't have happened!
lol that picture looks like soft deer droppings and nothing at all like the op....good grief.
Old 07-13-2015, 09:03 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by rockport
lol that picture looks like soft deer droppings and nothing at all like the op....good grief.
You need to sit back and relax before you put out any more of your silly posts on this thread. You wouldn't have know that was a soft pile of deer poop if it wasn't on that link and don't tell me you would have or it will be just more baloney you're putting out. It is not droppings, but rather one big pile of soft poop, unless you don't know top right from top left and are talking about the other picture that is semipelletized. Nowhere in my post did I say that picture looked like that in the OP picture! All that was trying to be brought across was that deer can poop anything from hard individual pellets to almost what looks like diarrhea in that link picture. End of discussion that should have ended on the second page of this thread!

Last edited by Topgun 3006; 07-13-2015 at 09:25 AM. Reason: Spelling

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.