Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Deer Droppings?

Old 07-12-2015, 03:26 PM
Boone & Crockett

Except it is deer.
Old 07-12-2015, 03:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Oldtimr
Except it is deer.
Its possible but doubtful IMO.
Old 07-12-2015, 03:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

Gawd lets go over this one more time. It is without a doubt deer droppings. Period, no question about it. For 3 reasons. 1: It freaking LOOKS like deer droppings from an older deer that has been feeding on fresh moist vegetation. 2: It had been rained on which is why it was a bit deformed and more "clumpy" looking. 3: And this is the MAIN reason, he found a friggin DEER TRACK right there! Had it been ANYTHING else large enough to drop that load it would have ALSO left a track! Common friggin sense people. Use ya brain Rockport. You have hunted deer long enough to know that if you put all 3 reasons together you can ONLY come to one conclusion.
Old 07-12-2015, 04:31 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by super_hunt54
Gawd lets go over this one more time. It is without a doubt deer droppings. Period, no question about it. For 3 reasons. 1: It freaking LOOKS like deer droppings from an older deer that has been feeding on fresh moist vegetation. 2: It had been rained on which is why it was a bit deformed and more "clumpy" looking. 3: And this is the MAIN reason, he found a friggin DEER TRACK right there! Had it been ANYTHING else large enough to drop that load it would have ALSO left a track! Common friggin sense people. Use ya brain Rockport. You have hunted deer long enough to know that if you put all 3 reasons together you can ONLY come to one conclusion.
Super,

Glad YOU put that to rest !

That deer track was the tell tail sign, I'm sure,.,.,..,.,.,.

Last edited by Sheridan; 07-12-2015 at 04:34 PM.
Old 07-12-2015, 05:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by super_hunt54
1. There is no way anybody can tell without a doubt what it is from that picture

2. It does not look like deer droppings at all. Deer "clumps" look like the picture topgun posted which is very different. Could it be odd deer dropping or deer droppings altered by rain? Sure but not likely. Its is actually less clumpy and more tubular shaped than typical clumpy deer droppings.

3. Droppings next to a deer track has to be deer droppings? lol hardly. I can show you many pictures of soft footed animals standing right in the same spot deer were standing a day or even hours before and you are very wrong about this. I just put a camera out,checked them once and already have pictures of yotes,yote pups,and coons all standing right where I also got lots of deer pictures, all big enough to leave those dropping, and in ground that shows deer tracks and none of the others.<------common sense Hard hoof VS soft paw/pad

I'm not even sure I see a deer track.

Last edited by rockport; 07-12-2015 at 05:11 PM.
Old 07-12-2015, 05:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

Rock, it was MUDDY! I know the day he took the picture and I know he had had rain that afternoon and night and that morning before he took the pic. I don't care how "soft footed" an animal is, it leaves a damn print in MUD! Even squirrels!

Last edited by super_hunt54; 07-12-2015 at 05:16 PM.
Old 07-12-2015, 05:13 PM
Giant Nontypical

I can't believe anyone that has deer hunted is arguing that what the OP posted isn't deer poop. If you look at these two pictures all the OP picture needed was a little rain on them like they had or you would be looking at these two pictures that are obviously from deer and were taken right off an internet site saying what they are. They don't necessarily have to be in a clump, but can also be elongated like the OP picture if they had more moisture in them when dropped.
Attached Thumbnails Deer Droppings?-scat-1-smaller.jpg   Deer Droppings?-images.jpg  

Last edited by Topgun 3006; 07-12-2015 at 05:16 PM. Reason: Spelling
Old 07-12-2015, 05:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Topgun 3006
I can't believe anyone that has deer hunted is arguing that what the OP posted isn't deer poop. If you look at these two pictures all the OP picture needed was a little rain on them like they had or you would be looking at these two pictures that are obviously from deer and were taken right off an internet site saying what they are. They don't necessarily have to be in a clump, but can also be elongated like the OP picture if they had more moisture in them when dropped.
That is clearly deer dropping and very different from the picture in the op.

Deer produce pellets. Those pellets will clump together with a soft diet or an inactive animal(laying down a lot) they do not come out in a skinny tubular shaped and fold up on the ground like that.

Last edited by rockport; 07-12-2015 at 05:34 PM.
Old 07-12-2015, 05:34 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by rockport
That is clearly deer dropping and very different from the picture in the op.
And how do you know just because I said those two pictures were deer droppings that they really are? Answer---You don't! Maybe they're hog! Gotcha!!!
Old 07-12-2015, 05:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Topgun 3006
And how do you know just because I said those two pictures were deer droppings that they really are? Answer---You don't! Maybe they're hog! Gotcha!!!
Well that could be. The picture on the right looks like deer to me but I don't know anything about wild hogs though. I wouldn't be discussing wild hog droppings because I don't know anything about them. Wild hog dropping may well look like deer droppings......I wouldn't know.

I do know that deer droppings don't look like the OP

Last edited by rockport; 07-12-2015 at 05:50 PM.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.