Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

The monkey is off my back!

Old 01-04-2002, 12:31 PM

Default RE: The monkey is off my back!

Congratz,Taz,
I know the feeling! Last year,I was in an "any legal deer mode",and this doe came down the mountain,behind me,in the brush. She got to about 60 yrds of me,saw me,but did not get my scent.She then turned and proceeded to angle around me.I could see her,but in no way have a shot.At a hundred yards distance,she came down to pass me,but stopped in a little fire lane to look at me.
Big mistake for her,as soon as I saw some space behind her shoulder,I put her down.When I got to "her" she had a nice 6 point rack,easy to see.I just never looked at her head,I just concentrated on getting a shot to the boilerroom.Like I said,I know the feeling.
Frank
Old 01-04-2002, 12:43 PM

Way to go Taz, congrats.
Old 01-04-2002, 12:52 PM

Way to go Taz! Hunting in the snow yesterday was pretty neat, huh? Eat good!
Old 01-04-2002, 01:10 PM
Fork Horn

Way to go Taz. It's a real gift to even be able to spend the time you did in the woods in one season. A buck with a couple of days left is wonderful. If this saga stuff starts next year with you, I'll pick you up and take you to my land. We have a good Buck/Doe ratio. 4 of us put down 8 bucks this year. 4 of them were 140lbs and up. We don't bow hunt, but I'll guide for you and get you one.

Congrats!
Old 01-04-2002, 01:24 PM
Spike

Congradulations Tazman!!! The twins sound like they want to get into biology and inspect all the parts.Thats great they aren't afraid of doing skinning and all to the animal.Get them into dong all the other stuff(cutting,skinning and gutting)to the deer.This is really interesting to a young mind to see this and learn.Plus it's great they want to.
Old 01-04-2002, 01:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

Congrats on the deer Taz .
Old 01-04-2002, 02:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

Congrats Tazman!
Visit My Hunting Page

Old 01-04-2002, 02:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

Congrats Taz, you earned it!
Old 01-04-2002, 03:06 PM
Typical Buck

Congrats Taz!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-04-2002, 06:09 PM

Allllllll Righttttttt Taz Bo, hang in there now. What's that old saying? Even a blind hog will find an acorn ever once in a while I believe it is. You will probably remember this deer more than a lot of bigger ones because it came so hard. The only ones you may remember more is the first one that one of the twins kill. Congrats and enjoy the meat.

Quick Reply: The monkey is off my back!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.