Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Just set up a new hunting spot.

Old 11-08-2013, 05:12 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by rockport
better tread very lightly. Not much room for error on 23 acres.
That is very true. You are too late to get set up besides setting up a treestand this season. Set it up down wind from the main deer trail. (The trail camera can assist)

Quality over quantity.... I consistently harvest deer on very small properties by spending time off season preparing my spots. During season I hunt less and kill more. When I was younger I would spend alot of time on huge properties without a game plan, see deer every hunt, and never get one unless by blind luck.
Old 11-08-2013, 05:12 AM
Nontypical Buck

Why the trail camera?It should already be up.I wouldn't add anything new for my first hunt.
Old 11-08-2013, 05:29 AM
Typical Buck

Just a thought on the many wonderful hunting gadgets you see on the TV hunting shows.........

The hunting shows are basically a series of commercials in which the "hunters" are touting the gear they are using. They may be the actual makers of the gear or they may be getting something from the makers to make the product look good. You can make anything look effective with enough takes and clever camera work.

My earlier remark to Greenhorn was a caution to not get caught up in the gadget craze because it may (and I think often does) do more harm than good.
Old 11-08-2013, 07:39 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Bullcamp82834
Just a thought on the many wonderful hunting gadgets you see on the TV hunting shows.........

The hunting shows are basically a series of commercials in which the "hunters" are touting the gear they are using. They may be the actual makers of the gear or they may be getting something from the makers to make the product look good. You can make anything look effective with enough takes and clever camera work.

My earlier remark to Greenhorn was a caution to not get caught up in the gadget craze because it may (and I think often does) do more harm than good.
Sounds good man, and my apologies from earlier too you are just trying to help me bag a deer, I went hunting this morning with just a trail camera and my crossbow, Please accept my apologie.
Old 11-08-2013, 07:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by FlDeerman
Why the trail camera?It should already be up.I wouldn't add anything new for my first hunt.
It is never too late to set up a trail camera. I set one up this time last year. Patterned the deer all through last winter and this year. Got my buck third day of bow season.
Old 11-08-2013, 08:21 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by The Green Horn Hunter
Sounds good man, and my apologies from earlier too you are just trying to help me bag a deer, I went hunting this morning with just a trail camera and my crossbow, Please accept my apologie.
It's cool. We are all brothers who share the same passion.
If I'm sometimes blunt it's hereditary so I can't help it. That's my excuse and I'm sticking to it.

I hope you do kill a big one. It's obvious that you are putting a lot of effort into it and trying different things to find what works in your area.