Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Is my hunting spot all dried up?

Old 11-04-2013, 07:11 AM
Fork Horn

Thanks guys, I cannot put up anymore stands then the one I have I only own 1 /4 th mile of it, however I got permission to hunt on my brothers land, and it looks promising.

No Rubs, No scrapes though. Lots of trails about 6 trails criss crossing.

Here is picture of one of the trails.

Tell me what yo think?
Attached Thumbnails Is my hunting spot all dried up?-1382230_10202463385135065_1664852828_n.jpg  
Old 11-04-2013, 07:17 AM
Nontypical Buck

Got any larger trails, either way at this point i would say find does not bucks and stick to them.
Old 11-04-2013, 07:32 AM
Spike

You sure thats a deer trail? kinda narrow. looks more like a varmit trail.
Old 11-04-2013, 07:39 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by illiniquack15
You sure thats a deer trail? kinda narrow. looks more like a varmit trail.
Maybe coyotes per haps? My new spot has lots of them around. And I can take them out for the fur.
Old 11-04-2013, 07:47 AM
Spike

ya, always take out a yotee when you can
Old 11-04-2013, 09:22 AM
Nontypical Buck

I cannot put up anymore stands then the one I have I only own 1 /4 th mile of it
Ummm... I'm not quite sure what that means... 1/4 square = 40 acres.

I only use 3 stands on our 36 acres, but I could easily put up a dozen or more. I do most of my hunting on public land and don't use any stands.

So I guess the question is how much land, public or private do you have available to hunt?
Old 11-04-2013, 09:48 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Lunkerdog
Ummm... I'm not quite sure what that means... 1/4 square = 40 acres.

I only use 3 stands on our 36 acres, but I could easily put up a dozen or more. I do most of my hunting on public land and don't use any stands.

So I guess the question is how much land, public or private do you have available to hunt?
Sorry man, Let me make my self clear.

I have 2 acres to hunt on only, And I am sort of locked on where I can hunt in the 2 acres, I have either a golf corse on one side of me. Or I have houses at least 600 feet away from if i hunt out side of the fence posts we got put up!
Old 11-04-2013, 10:08 AM
Spike

I think it would be a good idea to google for this type of stuff.

From the sounds of it, you are just learning how to hunt deer. It would be a great idea to use google and read as much as you possibly can regarding "deer tactics", "hunting deer for beginners", etc.

Good luck - Shoot straight.
Old 11-04-2013, 10:58 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by MnHunterr
I think it would be a good idea to google for this type of stuff.

From the sounds of it, you are just learning how to hunt deer. It would be a great idea to use google and read as much as you possibly can regarding "deer tactics", "hunting deer for beginners", etc.

Good luck - Shoot straight.
Bingo, That's why I have picked my name, Hense a newbie. I do have a mentor, I can't always hunt with him though. So the rest I'll do as you stated, I'll google it from now.
Old 11-04-2013, 12:10 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by The Green Horn Hunter
Bingo, That's why I have picked my name, Hense a newbie. I do have a mentor, I can't always hunt with him though. So the rest I'll do as you stated, I'll google it from now.
This was my first year bow hunting and hunting a property on my own.

I cannot even begin to describe everything I've learned over the spring/summer just by using google. You will come accross different topics you didn'y know a thing about every day. I started with things like "what sign to look for when scouting deer" and went from there.

I am very knowledgeable in scouting now because of what I've read the last few months.

Even more important than reading the material - After you read the articles, you need to actually lay foot in the woods and do your homework. Look for everything you read about - Where are the deer bedding, where are the transition areas from bedding to food, etc.

So much information!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.