Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

deer dad and I have got

Old 03-07-2013, 07:51 AM
Nontypical Buck

very cool thanks for sharing!lol
Old 03-07-2013, 04:38 PM
Spike

Yes top gun I do know about the muzzleloaders you speak of I have a savage smokless. It is one shot only gun and you cant hunt with it pre rut post rut or during the rut like in alot of states. Its still not a 400 500 yard gun and this isnt saying everyone kills little bucks with them like i have already said its the ones that do and if they didnt have high po many would live. I was talking to a guy that was just starting out he cant judge a buck at 200 yards very well. I dont care if you use a high power or not you dont live in my state so have at it. PS you never answered my question would the deer have lived through the year in a state that has high power season?

Pope thats a pretty good deer you got with your bow I love this state as well.
Old 03-08-2013, 06:39 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by iowa whitetail
Yes top gun I do know about the muzzleloaders you speak of I have a savage smokless. It is one shot only gun and you cant hunt with it pre rut post rut or during the rut like in alot of states. Its still not a 400 500 yard gun and this isnt saying everyone kills little bucks with them like i have already said its the ones that do and if they didnt have high po many would live. I was talking to a guy that was just starting out he cant judge a buck at 200 yards very well. I dont care if you use a high power or not you dont live in my state so have at it. PS you never answered my question would the deer have lived through the year in a state that has high power season?

Pope thats a pretty good deer you got with your bow I love this state as well.
How can anyone answer a question like that? I'm pretty smart, but never claimed I was a clairvoyant! Lots of big/huge bucks live through the hunting seasons year after year in all the different states regardless of what is allowed to hunt them, so your hypothesis is not really valid! You don't think they got that big in or two seasons do you? I do hope you realize that us nonresidents are allowed to hunt in your state with the proper license and tag!
Old 03-08-2013, 07:30 AM
Spike

Yes im aware of that in fact I have some swap hunts lined up.
Old 03-08-2013, 07:37 AM
Spike

Yes I am aware in fact I have some swap hunts lined up. A deer can be 130 inches one year and can explode the next. By that I mean grow 50 to 70 inches is some cases. It could also be a 135 inch deer you never know.
Old 03-08-2013, 08:24 AM
Giant Nontypical

[QUOTE=iowa whitetail;4041564]Yes I am aware in fact I have some swap hunts lined up. A deer can be 130 inches one year and can explode the next. By that I mean grow 50 to 70 inches is some cases. It could also be a 135 inch deer you never know.[/QUOTE]

So? That doesn't mean he's going to get shot just because of the gun a person is using!
Old 03-08-2013, 09:08 AM
Nontypical Buck

All I can say is WOW!!!!
Old 03-08-2013, 10:19 AM
Spike

ok you win the deer are just as likely to live if someone has a high power. Ill just stick with my crazy thoughts on the hole whitetail hunting and try to keep making room on the wall for these deer. In fact my crazy thought process has cost me another 450 dollars he should be back this summer 171 inch 12 pointer. Thanks good talk

Last edited by iowa whitetail; 03-08-2013 at 11:02 AM.
Old 03-08-2013, 10:58 AM
Giant Nontypical

Why then do most studies show that, while a small percentage may peak out at 4.5 years old, a buck is generally 5.5-7.5 years old to reach his peak? IMHO there are a lot more mature bucks out there in many areas than most people realize because by the time they are 3.5 and have made it through a couple hunting seasons it's tough to see and/or kill them when they go mostly nocturnal, other than possibly being up in daylight hours some during the short rutting period.
Old 03-08-2013, 11:41 AM
Spike

Im confused on the first part what are you asking? The second part these days nothing goes unknown trail cams tell most everything.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.