Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Why does my trail cam take white pics????

Old 01-12-2013, 07:24 AM
Spike

Default Why does my trail cam take white pics????

i had my tail facing north for a night and had nice clear pics, then i changed it to look directly east, when i changed it to look east it started taking white pictures, like the picture shown.

i been reading on a couple forums that maybe i should only face it north or south? any suggestions on why its doing this?? its a wildlife red 6 camera
Attached Thumbnails Why does my trail cam take white pics????-wgi_0026.jpg  
Old 01-12-2013, 09:51 AM
Giant Nontypical

Too much llight coming in and that's why they tell you which way to face it for best exposures.
Old 01-12-2013, 10:32 AM
Spike

This happened during the middle of the night, im going to check batteries today
Old 01-12-2013, 11:08 AM
Giant Nontypical

That makes sense if that's when it happened and I hope it's that simple.
Old 01-12-2013, 04:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

are all the night photos like that? or just a couple? Direction has no bearing on the cameras...Also is it an old or newer camera?
Old 01-13-2013, 04:52 AM
Fork Horn

It sort of looks like condensation built up inside on the glass cover of the box protecting the lens. I have had a similar problem when the humidity is very high and the temperature near or just below freezing. I see your camera recorded the temperature at 35 degrees. You can see rounded edges on the lens cover suggesting something liquid and condensation droplets might explain it. If the problem goes away when the humidity is lower, you will know that was the problem. Or if you retrieve your camera and open it up and still have condensation on the inside, you will know for sure. I have had quite a bit of condensation over the last month with humidity levels frequently so high.
Old 01-13-2013, 05:24 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by Wilcam47
Direction has no bearing on the cameras...Also is it an old or newer camera?
This is FALSE! Direction in regards to the sun can/will make a big difference in your pics. Yes, have it face either north or south. You'll get better results.
Old 01-13-2013, 07:11 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by Wilcam47
are all the night photos like that? or just a couple? Direction has no bearing on the cameras...Also is it an old or newer camera?
Take a camera out, point it at the sun, take some pics, and then tell me direction has no bearing on the camera. Most newer digital cameras can "attempt" to compensate for different light conditions. I have no idea how advanced the newer trail cameras are.
Old 01-13-2013, 09:21 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by early in
This is FALSE! Direction in regards to the sun can/will make a big difference in your pics. Yes, have it face either north or south. You'll get better results.
Originally Posted by flyinlowe
Take a camera out, point it at the sun, take some pics, and then tell me direction has no bearing on the camera. Most newer digital cameras can "attempt" to compensate for different light conditions. I have no idea how advanced the newer trail cameras are.
I'm not a total idiot...while I understand pointing directly into the sun will have issues...if you have a game camera set up you shouldnt get pics like that no matter what direction its pointed...Also the sun doesnt come out at 0249 am according to the time stamp on pic the OP uploaded...Ive had pics similar to that when an animal (raccoon) climbed up the tree and set off the camera.

Notice the timestamp...my camera was pointed east..
Attached Thumbnails Why does my trail cam take white pics????-whiteout-pic.jpg  

Last edited by Wilcam47; 01-13-2013 at 09:25 AM.
Old 01-13-2013, 12:44 PM
Giant Nontypical

racist cam.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.