Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Why does my trail cam take white pics????

Old 01-13-2013, 02:05 PM
Super Moderator

It looks like the deer was just to close to the trail camera.
It does that with my trail cam.
Old 01-13-2013, 05:17 PM
Spike

i changed the batteries but for some reason it wont take pictures....when the trail takes a picture how long does it take for it to copy it onto the sb card? ill try it again tonight and see what happens
Old 01-14-2013, 04:58 AM
Nontypical Buck

I had a Moultrie that produced pictures with white splotches. It was due to a faulty gasket in the cover that allowed the flash to bleed back into the shutter instead of focusing it outwards. I had no idea this was the case until I called Moultrie. They led me to the problem and fixed it for free. I can't remember if they sent a kit or a replacement camera.

I never have once thought about direction of placement. I really don't think that matters unless camera is in the open and able to capture the rising or setting sun. Not likely the case. IMO
Old 01-14-2013, 07:13 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by jrbsr
It looks like the deer was just to close to the trail camera.
It does that with my trail cam.
Its possible.. oh and the camera is pointed due east...not that it matters before the sun comes up...
Attached Thumbnails Why does my trail cam take white pics????-closeup.jpg  
Old 01-14-2013, 04:13 PM
Fork Horn

Default Cam

Looks like overexposed flash. Check the flash settings, it's probably set on maximum flash.

Maybe there's a setting for a 'measured exposure' with respect to the flash power. If so, lower the setting and test on yourself at night.

If not, could be a faulty flash exposure sensor if your camera has that.

Contact the maker and supply them with these pics. They should be able to clue you in.