Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Hunting East Texas

Old 10-09-2012, 05:17 PM
Fork Horn

Default Hunting East Texas

I'm active duty Army and I am susposed to move to Ft. Hood near Killeen Texas around the September 2013 time frame. I was wondering if there was decent whitetail hunting anywhere near that area. Maybe any state hunting grounds. I know there is hunting in certain areas of Ft. Hood itself but they have a limit of about 80 deer to be taken for the whole season. ( don't know how fast that number will be reached). Just trying to get an idea because I'm stationed in El Paso now and I can't really fish or hunt and its been WAY to long. If anyone knows of some decent lakes in the area let me know also. Thanks in advance!

Posted from Huntingnet.com App for Android