Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

King buck= 180 not a world record

Old 09-22-2012, 02:59 PM
Banned

Default King buck= 180 not a world record

the king buck has been given an offical score of 180 typical or 217 5/8 non typical. so he did not get scored as a typical 12 like everyone was saying he would the tine between the g2 and g3 has been ruled nontypical.
Old 09-23-2012, 06:03 AM
Nontypical Buck

That's too bad. It's a huge buck and there are tons of bucks in the book that are less "typical" than this one.

The King buck is bigger than the Hanson buck. That's enough for me.

180, that's funny. Bigges 180 I ever saw.
Old 09-23-2012, 06:23 AM
Banned

he grosses way higher but due to that point being ruled by a panel as non typical it caused that point to be deducted and therefore caused the g5 on the left antler to become a deduction plus his side to side sym deductions brought the net to 180 0/8 typical. still an awesome buck. i only posted this for those few guys that were saying that the panel was told to score it as typical. the panel is never told to score it any way. the panel is pulled together to make decisions as a group with no out side influences. this deer along with zaft buck and damery buck will always be rembered for what they truly are. WORLD CLASS
Old 09-24-2012, 02:31 PM
Kid
Typical Buck

Nets are for fish. They should just weigh racks instead of "scoring" them. Nothing subjective about lbs. and oz.
Old 09-24-2012, 03:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

They should just weigh racks instead of "scoring" them. Nothing subjective about lbs. and oz.
I was thinking of measuring by displacement. Dunk the rack in a bucket of water and measure how much water is displaced.

B&C says that the perfect typical so rare and that's why deductions are important for typical racks.

Lord knows why they subtract side-side differences from non-typicals. They are NON-typical.