Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

This season is gonna be AWESOME!

Old 09-09-2012, 12:39 AM
Fork Horn

Default This season is gonna be AWESOME!

Live in South Carolina and we planted 250 acres of corn this year. My farmer says hes pulling 200 bushels per acre! I know you midwest guys got screwed, which sucks, but im ecstatic. Not only am I getting $8 a bushel compared to the usual $4-$4.50. But I was able to buy 4 new stands and a new Browning full wood .308 lever action with a new B&L scope. Also the extra money allowed me to plant 14 acres of food plot.

Also the deer are everywhere because we have had so much rain my swamps are totally flooded so they cant bed down there like they did all of last season. I have seen deer hit all over the roads(which sucks) and even seen them crossing in broad daylight, which I have never seen before. I saw 3 massive Bucks a month ago in my cotton field 2 eights and a ten in full velvet so with 1 week to go I cant wait. Just went outside with my spotlight and hit the corn field that got harvested closest to my house and saw 9 deer. Freezer gonna be full after the first week if these deer stay this dumb.

Wasnt able to fill any of my 5 doe tags last year but since all the land owners around me have agreed on shooting no bucks smaller than an 8 I think I can thin out some does and hopefully keep the smaller bucks on my land so all the necks close by dont shoot them.

Last edited by thomasmgp; 09-09-2012 at 12:42 AM.
Old 09-09-2012, 05:16 AM
Fork Horn

sounds great! glad to hear it. i too have a pretty good setup this year, but its nowhere near yours.
Old 09-09-2012, 10:54 AM
Fork Horn

I just got a blr .308 a few months ago and love it! Have you taken it out to the range yet? If so what kinda groups did you get?
Old 09-09-2012, 01:15 PM
Typical Buck

WOW 200 bushels/acre, man even on a good year were hitting 150-160. that is awesome
Old 09-10-2012, 06:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

Happy for you,good luck loading up the freezer while having a great time this fall.