Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

New Blind!

Old 08-27-2012, 05:05 AM
Fork Horn

Default New Blind!

Here is the new blind I built. If you can see it, haha. It will definately come in handy in many places that I hunt. I have used ground blinds quite a bit in the past but will be using this much more as it will not stick out like a large ground blind does. This one will not require a whole lot of brushing in. Was fun to build as well. Also much cheaper than the $200 they get in retail stores! My son and I painted the inside camo for a fun finishing touch. I only have about $40 and my time into this.
Attached Thumbnails New Blind!-1.jpg   New Blind!-photo.jpg  

Last edited by NEBRbruiser; 08-27-2012 at 09:02 AM.
Old 08-28-2012, 07:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

wow thats very cool
Old 08-28-2012, 07:39 PM
Typical Buck

That is pretty neat! What paint colors/manufacture did you use? What material did you use?
Old 08-29-2012, 04:32 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by country1
That is pretty neat! What paint colors/manufacture did you use? What material did you use?
I used a 4x8 sheet of tempered hardwood and then covered one side with mirror mylar. Just use 3M spray on glue stuff to stick the mylar to the hardwood. Then used old junk pair of blue jeans and the heaviest duty locktite spray on glue from menards and used that as my hinges so that there are no bolts, screws, etc showing on the good side. Then just used spray paint and branches to camo the inside part. Few other details but that gives you an idea. The whole thing weighs about 25lbs or so which might seem heavy to some people but it also works nicer if windy. There are a couple videos I used on youtube that are very helpful (thanks to you guys!). I would suggest trying it out as it looks awesome in the field!!!
Old 08-29-2012, 06:34 AM
Spike

This looks like it would work perfectly for one of my setups. I'm thinking about making a lightweight version of this, as I would need to pack it in and out over pretty good distances. I am also thinking of cutting the boards at an angle that points the face toward the ground in front of it. I would ensure that it doesn't tip/blow away by installing some sort of loops at the corners that can be anchored with stakes. I'm considering Luan for my structure, but it would equate to pretty much a whole sheet of Luan per blind, and could prove to be fairly heavy for packing.
Old 08-29-2012, 05:22 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Gladius87
This looks like it would work perfectly for one of my setups. I'm thinking about making a lightweight version of this, as I would need to pack it in and out over pretty good distances. I am also thinking of cutting the boards at an angle that points the face toward the ground in front of it. I would ensure that it doesn't tip/blow away by installing some sort of loops at the corners that can be anchored with stakes. I'm considering Luan for my structure, but it would equate to pretty much a whole sheet of Luan per blind, and could prove to be fairly heavy for packing.
Take a look at the YouTube videos of this. Luan board in my experience tends to warp badly. The tempered does not as much. Luan might be a little lighter but if it warps much it will not setup like it should. The video shows how to strap it down and it works perfectly! Like I said search it on YouTube And you will be on the right track! This setup has so much potential it's crazy!