Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Bow hunting in your backyard

Old 07-25-2012, 10:51 AM
Spike

Default Bow hunting in your backyard

I live in Georgia and i live in a neiborhood but there are no houses within about 200 yards of my house and my backyard is woods with a creek so there are lots of deer and i was wondering if it is legal to shoot deer or not with a bow in your backyard in georgia. i have all the requirements and a lisence but i was just wondering.
Old 07-25-2012, 11:28 AM
Typical Buck

I live in Iowa and hunt in my backyard
Old 07-25-2012, 11:38 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Depends

You don't live in an area that doesn't permit hunting, regardless of individual property size.

How far away from the property line are you, and is that visited by others.
Once hunted an old farm. I made sure that I was over fifty yards from a property line, and made sure I could and did shoot an arrow accurately. Doesn't do any good to see the deer go crashing into someones else's back yard.
Old 07-25-2012, 11:59 AM
MZS
Typical Buck

Check with your city. It may be legal, maybe not. Another thing to consider are your neighbors - will they let you retrieve a wounded deer? If not, then you may need to trespass in order to retrieve a wounded deer. At any rate, you will need to find those answers - we can't answer those questions for you.

In many cities there are designated public areas for bow hunting in the city - you might want to check in on this too.