Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Not A Happy Camper!

Old 10-01-2011, 06:32 AM
Super Moderator

Thieves just really burn my butt. I work hard to have the things I have. It really pisses me off because thay are not just stealing from me, but my whole family, and the rest of the hunting community. Because now I have to buy new gear, and I am less likely to want to help others, or have the gear to lend another. There will always be those lowlifes out there though that have absolutely no respect for their fellow man or their property. I assume they are raised with the mentality that the world owes them. Just maybe, they will be dumb enough to keep and use the gear they stole, which could lead to their arrest. The trailer would be the clincher. The tree stands or cameras, unless mark with your identification, would be hard to prove. I hope it works out to your advantage. Keep us posted.
Old 10-01-2011, 06:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

I hope You turned this into the local Police/Sheriff's Dept...?They have the means and knowledge to check any leads out and hopefully arrest the Theifs.As mentioned it sounds like it could very well be a former Hunting Member that knows the area and lay of land and where everything is located?Another place to check would be any Photo Processing Shops/Businesses,Theifs are known to be stupid and mess up.....someone may have taken an SD card to have it developed and they may be traced down?Some times You have to go and do some leg work if You want anything accomplished!

I would try to keep a closer eye on your Land,set up multiple hidden trail camera's that will send a picture to your cell phone and/or internet site host so even if a camera is stolen You will have pictures and proof of who is stealing or trespassing.

I would beef up security on your Land and have any Trespassers arrested and Prosecuted...eventually People will talk and You'll find out who was behind all the stealing...even if it takes months or years,things like this would pi$$ me off to no end and make me more determined to find out who the Jerks were! I HATE THEIVES TOO!

Last edited by GTOHunter; 10-01-2011 at 06:53 PM.
Old 10-02-2011, 05:10 AM
Boone & Crockett

I would almost bet that it is a previous menber or frequent guest at the club and there were probably 3 or more in on the theft. I doubt they will be back. I hate a dang thief.
Old 10-02-2011, 05:41 AM
Spike

My place was broken into a couple of years ago, and it's not a good feeling, to put it as nicely as possible. They were after smaller items that they could unload right away. They hit about 22 camps throughout the area before they got caught. Most of the items were taken to pawn shops according to the cops, and i was told there was a chance I would get some of my items back; still haven't seen anyhing. We are actually heading out in a few minutes to pull our cams; we don't leave them out during the season. A trespasser will have to take the cam not to be seen. Hopefully they find the guys who took your stuff, but as others mentioned, you may be dissapointed to find out that it is probably someone who was there before. Good luck.
Old 10-02-2011, 07:14 AM
MZS
Typical Buck

I feel bad for you. You might want to set up a few day-cams in the future in out-of-the-way places to take continuous photos near your entrance and entry points. This would provide info to law enforcement and proof for conviction.
Old 10-02-2011, 08:26 AM
Nontypical Buck

Nothing worse than a thief. Eventually they'll get caught in the act and someone'll put one in 'em. Oh, crap sorry... I forgot, we're not allowed to defend ourselves, families, & property here in America. They can tell me that when they are prying my gun from my cold dead hands. Hope they catch these lowlifes....
Old 10-02-2011, 08:36 AM
Spike

Thanks brother for post intresting topic
Old 10-02-2011, 09:03 AM
Nontypical Buck

Boobie trap the place!!!!!!! seriously had an incident on one of our spots where stands were disappearing.someone,and i dont know who boobie trap a stand.from what i understand the guy stepped into the stand with a set of bolt cutters to remove the stand and the stand colapsed send the scumbag to a 15' plumet!!!!! from what i understand another hunter who had premission to hunt the property found him the next day.poor guy had to spend the night in woods all busted up.you got to be,i guess on what youre stealing,might be defective......LOL!!!!!!
Old 10-02-2011, 03:54 PM
MZS
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by jerry d
Boobie trap the place!!!!!!! seriously had an incident on one of our spots where stands were disappearing.someone,and i dont know who boobie trap a stand.from what i understand the guy stepped into the stand with a set of bolt cutters to remove the stand and the stand colapsed send the scumbag to a 15' plumet!!!!! from what i understand another hunter who had premission to hunt the property found him the next day.poor guy had to spend the night in woods all busted up.you got to be,i guess on what youre stealing,might be defective......LOL!!!!!!
If the thief gets killed, you would face murder charges I am guessing. Not that I agree you should be charged as such but that is the way it is. Better to spend money on some day cams (that you can get for as little as $90 each, like the Primos DPS) so the thief does time in jail, not you. And once you get some photos and license plate numbers of trespassers, prosecute to the fullest.

Last edited by MZS; 10-02-2011 at 03:56 PM.
Old 10-03-2011, 09:54 AM
Fork Horn

That's really sad, sorry to hear about this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.