Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

How do you start deer hunting ???

Old 09-08-2011, 05:06 PM
Spike

Thanks for share
Old 09-09-2011, 05:26 PM
Fork Horn

I do not know everything- which is why I have spent a good part of my life researching- so I could know more. I in no way try tp put myself above others, it is just what you think I try to do (you might try looikng at it from a different angle - that I really do want to help. As I say in sevearl posts, I'll help you if I can note the caveat "if I can". nd mor peopel thatn you know ask for my help.

If I did not know a bit about the subject, why would HuntingNet use my articles? Would would they give me my own forum here (which I willing admit I screwed up - because I did not like the idea that I had to say I believe all religions were equal, whn in fact I do not belive it). I will not lie or deceive on that matter.

Are some of you sying tht aI do not know what I am talking about, or that you know as much as I do? If you fel taht way stand up and say it. I can believe you know as much, but will not accept that I do not know what I am talking about - because I have worked hard at it.

But, the fact is that some of you are rude, that your comments do not need to be said, and if you acted like mature Christians (which I assume some of you say you are) - you would not do it.

Posting part of anatricl waswaht I did on my forum, adn it was well received, adn for the sake of those wh do like to read myu writing I will co ntinue.

\and why- woule I post a lnogn, concise answe, which is waht I do, when I could siimply copy and past.

If I simp0ly stated my opinion, do not belive anyone woule ake domehting away form my wriing,so waht woudl be the point. No reason to be her.

But, some people do taks somehting away - sO I'm here.

Now that you know what I'm going to do - there is no need to read it, or comment on it - unless you have an overwhelming need to be rude.

Your actions will reveal the truth.

If I cam in here and started acting like some of you - to you - it would start a bad habit, possibly a war, and someone would get banned -probaly me, because if I pull the plug, I can really be rude. But, I'm too old and I try to be a Christian.

Hey, May God bless all of you, (I really mean that),

T.R.
Old 09-09-2011, 06:00 PM
Fork Horn

My problem is why is religion being brought into a Hunting forum? I really could care less if you are religous or not. Its your choice as it is everyones. My points is I have been around the block in my life a time or two and have found that the more someone has to keep telling me how good or knowledgable about something they are the less they actually know or are as great as they proclaim. I think your a big B'Ser and that is my opinion.
Old 09-09-2011, 07:56 PM
Fork Horn

I did not bring religion, in I mentioned some basic Christian, and modern society, principles. But, also because I am first and foremost a Christian, hunting is not even second, it might be fourth or fifth. You canot hve me- without God, becasue He comes first in mylife- alwasy - in everything I do.

I ws think about the responses of some of teh rud people her. and I realized there are some basic differnces in why we are here. and IO realize the wy I am here, has nothting to do with thos who dislike me or wht I do. I'm not here for you , or ven the kmajority. I'm here for the few who are willing to learn,or maybe just read.

Unlikeyou I am not here to simply give an opinion, or because I have nothing better to do with my time.

I'm here to actlually try to help thos hunters who do not think they have all the answer, or believe there might be another way of doing things.

So,for thos who hve PM'd or e-mailed me- I'm here to stay adn here to help - if I can.

Those who disilke me, are not worth worrying about. I'll keep writing for HuntingNet, because I've been asked to, and I'll keep posting here. So, if you don't lke it - why not stay out, you contribute nothing positive here.

God bless,

T.R.
Old 09-09-2011, 08:20 PM
Typical Buck

Talking Beat me to it Stoney.....

Originally Posted by Stonewall308
I usually start by getting out of bed.
Ain't fill'n no tag from the couch or the rack!
Old 09-10-2011, 07:47 AM
Fork Horn

I forgot to say THANKs to all of you who enjoy my articles or thanked me for them. You afre the reason I am here - plus to help - if I can.

THANKS

God bless,

T.R.
Old 09-10-2011, 10:22 AM
Spike

Its a crying shame how hunting TV is so fixed/rigged/staged( should i go on?) and everyone tosses out that "Id like to see the come kill a deer my my neck of the woods!!!" attitude in there. Yet when someone who yea maybe has a book out to educate about deer and deer hunting he gets trashed for sharing tid-bits from his book on a hunting forum.

I am a new deer hunter, I have VERY limited access to any hunters for advice, so having someone generous enough to share small pieces like that is invaluable to me. If you know every thing, then stop reading his stuff. If you feel like you could add to what he has said then do so, but why trash someone for trying to educate other hunters.

Its polesmokers like you who are helping the TV industry ruin what I like to consider real get out there hunting. Instead of "better make it to the stand by 9:37 or he'll be past your stand cause we let him outta the gates at 9:30" crap TV shows call hunting.

Mr Michaels, thank you very much for your reads, they are much appreciated.
Old 09-10-2011, 12:18 PM
Giant Nontypical

I started poorly. Then through the years (decades) I was fortunet to have friends and family give me opportunities. To date I'm still convinced animals are given to me by God. Not saying I'm special and that's why he gives them too me and honestly I think He does it in spite of me and for the good of my dear wife and kids.

It's the only way I can explain the animals I've taken. By all rights I should be stuck in some dark dank city not even knowing what a whitetail tastes like.

How do we start? It's a gift given to us in spite of us.
Old 09-11-2011, 12:15 AM
Fork Horn

Talk about nice people from both ends of the spectrum, one with over 6 and a half thousand posts, and one with 23 posts ...

Unlocked, thank you for the kind words, and just let me know what I can do to help.

No dog, allI can say is AMEN brother.

You guys are why I am here, why I will stay, why I will keep posting - as I have been - going on 10 years.

Last edited by trmichels; 09-11-2011 at 12:21 AM.
Old 09-12-2011, 06:17 PM
Fork Horn

[QUOTE=ihookem1. I seen deer 9 of 22 opening days of gun season. Love it cause I've seen 5 or 6 hunters opening day in 22 years. Less every year. You can scout 365 days a year and find one thing. There is no pattern, rime or reason to deer movement there except corn piles if wolves have not been around for a while. Reason is because it's flat, nothing but woods and no concentrated food source anywhere and timber wolves. Any deer with a pattern is patterned by wolves and wake up fast or die.. It can snow on Wednesday, start scouting Saturday and barely cut a track. When I do cut a track I follow it and find they walk around like they're in a maze, nipping buds here picking grass there, lay down a while just to get up to do the same. This is why I don't ever read anything about deer hunting. Good luck on your book.[/QUOTE]

This is my post from a few weeks ago. Does anyone experience the same type of hunting I do? And to TMichaels what would you do if you hunted a huge area and it's all the same?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.