Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

It's DONE

Old 06-29-2011, 10:05 AM
Boone & Crockett

IMHO, that sounds like too many people hunting on 120 acres, but that is your business. We have 5 members on 1450 acres in our club in south Bama. On my private land there is usually just me and my grandson on 180 acres.
Old 06-29-2011, 10:17 AM
Fork Horn

I think we are all guilty of reading something and responding to it as it would apply to our own hunting area. 1000 acres in Texas are not the same as 1000 acres in New York. I hunt small patches of timber on field edges. I had some friends down from the Upper Peninsula of Michigan to hunt with me in NW Missouri. They pulled up and I thought they were going to turn around and drive home. They said there are no deer here, where do they live. So I told them it would be fine. They left with a turkey, 2 does and a nice buck with a bow. So they soon understood the big woods are not the only place to find deer.
Old 06-29-2011, 05:46 PM
Fork Horn

Here's a couple other "hunters" on our land. Pictures taken by one of the bowhunters....
Attached Thumbnails It's DONE-2007-067.jpg   It's DONE-2007-075.jpg   It's DONE-2007-077.jpg   It's DONE-2007-078.jpg   It's DONE-20068.jpg  

Old 08-02-2011, 11:24 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by warbirdlover
Here's a couple other "hunters" on our land. Pictures taken by one of the bowhunters....

Glad we don't have to deal with those in Nebraska. YET. Would be blastin away if i would see something like that here. Plenty of mountain lions trying to make their way here now. Thanks Game and Parks.
Old 08-02-2011, 01:54 PM
Fork Horn

It may sound crowed to others but it probably isn't. I hunt in MI nd own a 40 acre piece. I will allow up to 3 hunters but mostly only 2. I really could hunt 4. My ground has a creek running thru and a marsh with hardwoods surrounding it . I feel very safe. I would cammo that blind with paint and natural brush just to break the outline. Good luck hunting.
Old 08-02-2011, 02:04 PM
MZS
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by warbirdlover
Wow, I didn't realize wolves were down in SE WI! Cougars would really scare me as they hunt people as well as deer. There are some up here in NW WI, but mostly in the larger woods. In the smaller woods broken up by farmer's fields I have not seen any.

Nice deer blind for the WI gun season - it can get mighty cold!
Old 08-02-2011, 02:28 PM
Giant Nontypical

Sounds like a lot of money to me!

Looks good though, may I suggest some paint...maybe some brown/green, some vertical tree pattern.