Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Pen Raised Deer

Old 07-01-2011, 04:18 PM
Typical Buck

Not as bleak as it sounds, there are some whopper deer on those mountains. A couple miles to a soy field in one night is nothing to a deer or bear up there. If they make it through the nighttime crop damage the first year they are smart enough to make it a few more. As far as dangerous goes, there are more hunters down at the farms than up in the mountains any more. The last couple of years all the hunting accidents were down around populated areas. The second week of rifle I can walk all day with only a couple breaks and be lucky to see two other hunters. The first year Pa. started the early in-line muzzle loader season was a disaster. Everybody and his brother ran out to Cabelas to buy an in-line so he or she could "challenge themselves". Never mind that Pa. had a special muzzle loader (Flintlock only) season long before that 1 week September season. It was a slaughter the first year. Now the deer herd is down and there are only enough guys out to scare the deer out of their wits for the rest of bow season. Oh yeah, the old goats (I am almost one) are allowed to hunt 3 days with a hi powered rifle during bow season. How lame can you get? Cross bows are legal all through bow season. The game Commission is trying to pass a hunt on Sunday law. It is like they are trying to compete with High Fence operations.
Old 07-05-2011, 04:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default It has no relevance to me

Pen Raised deer of course is not hunting. And when pen raised deer are mentioned, I know there has to be fencing to protect the profits of an expensive "hunt."
Since I've constructed fencing, I know its expensive cost for every hundred yards, and the price of such "hunting". Some could refer to it as hunting, til the cows come home, but I know differently.

But for some people, including some "hunters", people and money are soon parted. And I could never see anyone making a dent, in that circumstance.
Old 07-19-2011, 06:29 AM
Fork Horn

If I was out of Venison, I would do a "hunt". certainly cheaper than going to the food store
Old 07-20-2011, 03:38 AM
Nontypical Buck

Not much difference between that and killing deer on prime private land...

As far as im concerned if your not hunting pressured deer your really just shooting ducks in a barrel...

Trust me i know... I just joined a hunting club that has 3000 acres and the only time u see any other members is during gun season... From sept to middle of november the deer look up at you in the stand and just put there heads back down and feed... I killed 10 last fall... Like taking candy from a 2 year old... we were tripping over gut piles!!!
Old 07-24-2011, 08:25 AM
Typical Buck

i wouldnt consider it hunting,why did he call u several times?sounds to me like he knows its not hunting and is trying to justify it not just to u but to himself also.