Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Fusion Lite

Old 02-09-2011, 06:17 AM
Fork Horn

In the field, the 1st shot is doing it. I don't take sub-par shots. I'm very selective. 2nd'ly ,the BAR is not broken in yet, and not cleaned. there are maybe 30-40 rounds through it.

And I'll have my son put a few boxes of heavy full steam ammo through it to break in the action more. I really have alot of confidence that the BAR will function perfectly as it gets used more.
Old 02-09-2011, 06:28 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by the blur
In the field, the 1st shot is doing it. I don't take sub-par shots. I'm very selective. 2nd'ly ,the BAR is not broken in yet, and not cleaned. there are maybe 30-40 rounds through it.

And I'll have my son put a few boxes of heavy full steam ammo through it to break in the action more. I really have alot of confidence that the BAR will function perfectly as it gets used more.
I applaud you on your shot placement & not taking sub-par shots, but (imop) this is all for not if you are using sub-par ammo. Good Luck, (Elvis has left the building) Doc
Old 02-09-2011, 08:49 AM
Fork Horn

after researching this, the ammo is not sub-par. It's designed, and tested by major ammo company's who are not in the business of wounding game. 99% of the reviews are 1 shot kills.

I've seen more reports of guys losing game with a 12 ga slug.
IIRC, I read just one review about a guy who said the M-R bullet didn't preform, and he lost the deer.