Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Deer Hunting in Doubt for Me

Old 07-24-2003, 04:01 PM

Default RE: Deer Hunting in Doubt for Me

if theres a will theres a way theres a guy that hunts archery around here and he only has one arm now i mean he uses a crossbow but still it has to be difficult he just tagged a really nice 12 point last season with about an 18-inch spread soo im sure u can still go good luck on the recovery
Old 07-24-2003, 05:07 PM
Giant Nontypical

Good Luck with yuor surgery and ditto what the board says. You' ll just have to hunt from the ground this year. One year I went with a pin in my leg and crutches. Bow over my back like Robin Hood. Kicked up 3 on my way in, didn' t get any but at least I was there. Good Luck once again.
Old 07-24-2003, 09:53 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 07-28-2003, 08:22 AM

Well,

I came home Thursday because I was feeling well enough to and I didn' t want to stay in the hospital any longer.

How did the surgery go? Well, when the doctor says " It was a mess" that can' t be good news. he' s saying that the recovery will likely take longer than expected and that sports " may" be over - there' s no telling just yet. We' ll know in six months.

The pain was incredible until about 10:00 am Thursday and it started to flare up again last night. I' m on some nifty pain killers and started to stop using them slowly on Saturday. This morning marks 24 hrs without pain killers! Today, it feels the best yet. I know it' s only a matter of time, but I' m looking forward to the day that I can drop my foot and not feel like it' s on fire.

Thanks to everyone for your kind words and thoughts.

The way it looks right now, I will not be able to put weight on it until the end of October. However, that does not mean that I will not head out hunting. I think the first watch will be reserved for me for the season and I hope it goes well.

Thanks again.

Mike
Old 07-28-2003, 08:29 AM

Glad to here your surgery went well and you' re on your way to recovery. I agree with the board, where there is a will there is a way.

Old 07-28-2003, 09:17 AM
Boone & Crockett

One step at a time, the surgery is over, do not do anything that the doc or the therapist tells you not to, but let the physical therapist know you want to be on the fast track as far as the rehab goes. Just to prepare you, it is going to hurt like the dickens, but it will be worth it. Good luck and hang tough.