Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Indiana 5 Day Shutdown

Old 11-23-2010, 09:19 AM
Nontypical Buck

Thumbs up Indiana 5 Day Shutdown

I'm kind of looking forward to our 5 day break in the state from hunting,I think it is a good thing to get everyone out of the woods and to give the deer a break as well. Last year I got my first Buck the day it started back up,December the 5th. this year it's the 4th. Any other states do this as well? Do you think it is a good policy?
Old 11-23-2010, 09:32 AM
Fork Horn

Give the deer a break, I need the break!!

Good idea IMO, they can get back to some natural movement and start posing for the trail cams again.
I haven't had a decent trail cam pic in weeks.

Oh and I'll be hunting on Mon/Tues, got drawn for the late hunt at C-Town state park.

Last edited by onion721; 11-23-2010 at 09:36 AM.
Old 11-23-2010, 10:29 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by doetrain
I'm kind of looking forward to our 5 day break in the state from hunting,I think it is a good thing to get everyone out of the woods and to give the deer a break as well. Last year I got my first Buck the day it started back up,December the 5th. this year it's the 4th. Any other states do this as well? Do you think it is a good policy?
Today is the final day of rifle season here in Missouri, muzzleloader season doesn't start until the 18th of December, so until then the only deer hunters that will be in the woods will be the bowhunters.
Old 11-23-2010, 12:56 PM
Typical Buck

I'm an Indiana hunter and I like the "shut down" as well.
Old 11-23-2010, 02:21 PM
Spike

another indiana boy that agrees with the 5 day shut down gives us all a break
Old 11-23-2010, 02:31 PM
Fork Horn

God i wish NY would make a break between seasons like that . Bow season opens middle of October runs through till Nov 20 then rifle season till Dec13. On Dec 14 a week of Muzzy/bow season opens again.