Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Unable to scout, I hope history is on my side.

Old 10-18-2010, 08:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Unable to scout, I hope history is on my side.

I have only been in the woods twice in the last month. I don't expect to be able to do much scouting before opening day of M/L a week from Sat. I will be setup in one of 3 different places in my self climber. I have seen and shot deer from all 3, but I am now relying on luck and not days of scouting as I have always done in the past.

Wish me luck!
Old 10-18-2010, 08:44 AM
Spike

well, if it makes you feel better.. i'll only be out for 2 days during gun season... Wish I could extend that but my job says otherwise.. I'll be lucky if I can get 3 days
Old 10-18-2010, 08:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

There is one farm I have been able to scout a few times that I'm hunting this season, and I feel pretty good about it. There will be a few times that I will have multiple days in a row to hunt, and I don't want to over hunt the farm, so I plan on hunting some nearby public land that I hunted last season. I haven't had a chance to scout it at all, so I'm in the same boat with you, hoping to rely on last season's spots! I will probably end up still-hunting a lot there, but I'm okay with that.
Old 10-18-2010, 09:14 AM
Nontypical Buck

Stuff happens. Take your knowledge and apply it and see what happens. Reguardless of why you know you have to be at the right place at the right time. I'm sure you'll do fine.