Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

where did i hit this doe @?

Old 10-09-2010, 10:35 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by kswild
Don't know cause #1 I'm not retired and #2 don't play bingo. I spend 90% on my time in the woods hunting or filming. If you you want to give a group hug after a irresponsible shot be my guest. Sometimes people need to hear it like it is....Not " Oh it's ok" feel good crap! This is hunting bud, it's not a freakin video game. And making a bad shot is NOT part of the learning process... using common sense and good judgment IS. You don't wound an animal in order to learn how to kill it! You learn how to kill in order not to wound it!
Live it up! Doug
Lol...Isn't that what we do now days, comfort and say everything is ok? Your point is taken but and Im sorry its always a learning process. You can use all the common sense and good judgement you want but mistakes will happen. It happens doug, it happens and you learn from it.
Old 10-09-2010, 10:46 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by stabnslab_WI
Lol...Isn't that what we do now days, comfort and say everything is ok? Your point is taken but and Im sorry its always a learning process. You can use all the common sense and good judgement you want but mistakes will happen. It happens doug, it happens and you learn from it.
I understand bad shots happen to us all. Yes we need to learn from them. I being the Dad I am would tell my sons or daughters the exact same thing I posted here. But I would not shoot an animal and then go on a public forum and ask "Where did I hit it" I have taken shots longer than 40 yrds with a bow and I could tell you exactly where I hit the animal within a few inches. But you have to pay attention to what you are doing and do some projectile management... KNOW before you release that arrow or pull that trigger WHERE that projectile is going. NOT shoot first and WONDER where it went. Tough Love baby!
Live it up! Doug

Last edited by kswild; 10-09-2010 at 12:12 PM.
Old 10-09-2010, 10:50 AM
Boone & Crockett

One thing for sure, you didn't "smoke her". White hair means belly, butt, somewhere there is white hair. Best bet would probably be to find someone that has a blood dog, tho from what I have read here I don't think you will find the deer. 42 yards is too far for a beginner, and most others.
Old 10-09-2010, 11:06 AM
Nontypical Buck

I understand bad shots happen to us all. Yes we need to learn from them. I being the Dad I am would tell my sons or daughters the exact same thing I posted here. But I would not shoot an animal and then go on a public forum and ask "Where did I hit it" I have taken shots longer than 40 yrds with a bow and I could tell you exactly where I hit the animal within a few inches. But you have to pay attention to what your are doing and do some projectile management... KNOW before you release that arrow or pull that trigger WHERE that projectile is going. NOT shoot first and WONDER where it went. Tough Love baby!
Live it up! Doug
I was brought up the same way, arrows are like words or bullets, once released there is no bringing them back.
Old 10-09-2010, 11:12 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by stabnslab_WI
I was brought up the same way, arrows are like words or bullets, once released there is no bringing them back.
Sound Wisdom!
Live it up! Doug
Old 10-09-2010, 11:18 AM
Nontypical Buck

reguardless....you should spend the next 2 days in the woods looking for her, if you dont find her, those 2 days in the woods not hunting, but searching, will probably sway you from taking a not so good shot next time....dont hafazz this, its what will separate you from a hunter, or a wanna be hunter.go out and look.
Old 10-09-2010, 12:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

Sound Wisdom!
Live it up! Doug
I love that word. Wisdom. It's a smart word, and a smart rule to live life by.
Old 10-09-2010, 05:10 PM
Spike

@ kswild seriously? ive been bow hunting for 5 years... so noobie i think not....

day was just breaking and i found the doe this pm... i just shoted her... 125 yards from where she was...

everyone makes bad shots... ive killed deer in the 55 yardish range ....

as this bein an online community of hunters... i wanted yall input but never yours again..
Old 10-09-2010, 05:11 PM
Spike

@ kswild seriously? ive been bow hunting for 5 years... so noobie i think not....

day was just breaking and i found the doe this pm... i just shoted her... 125 yards from where she was...

everyone makes bad shots... ive killed deer in the 55 yardish range ....

as this bein an online community of hunters... i wanted yall input but never yours again..
Old 10-09-2010, 05:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

and one of the damn blades broke off....i know i smoked her....
Obviousley didn't "smoke" her or you would not be asking people not there where you hit her.

Now that you recovered her, fill everyone in on where the hit was, what broke the blade, type of broadhead etc. Posting a pic would be great. Congrats.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.