Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Is It Legal?

Old 07-14-2010, 08:10 PM
Giant Nontypical

I'm not sure about IL, but I think it may be unlimited does...?

2 bucks for a resident...
Old 07-15-2010, 05:43 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by SuperRedHawk
99% of the time, he's hunting high fenced operations. They can kill whatever and as many as they want.

Not true. A person can not kill more WT deer than they
have tags/permits for regardless of fence situation.
Old 07-15-2010, 05:43 AM
Nontypical Buck

Southern States are very generous with their bag limits. Here in Bama I can take three buck a season and two does everyday from mid-oct thru the end of jan, that over 200 deer.
Old 07-15-2010, 05:59 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by salukipv1
I'm not sure about IL, but I think it may be unlimited does...?

2 bucks for a resident...
In Texas, WT deer bag limits are regulated by the
state AND each county.
The state issues tags on hunting licenses that
allow the taking of up to 5, each tag marked either
"Antlerless Only" (2) or "Buck or Antlerless" (3).

Each county restricts the bag limit of WT taken
within that county.
Example:
Archery Only: October 2-November 5, 2010. No permit required to hunt antlerless deer unless MLD permits have been issued for the property.
Bag Limit: 4 deer, no more than 2 bucks, and no more than 2 antlerless, all seasons combined.
General Season: November 6, 2010-January 2, 2011. Antlerless deer may be taken by antlerless MLD permit or LAMPS permit only. Special Youth-Only Season: Early open season: October 30-31, 2010. Late open season: January 3-16, 2011.

or

Archery Only: October 2-November 5, 2010. No permit required to hunt antlerless deer unless MLD permits have been issued for the property.
Bag Limit: 5 deer, no more than 2 bucks, all seasons combined. General Season: November 6, 2010-January 2, 2011. No permit is required to hunt antlerless deer unless MLDP antlerless permits have been issued for the tract of land.
Special late general season: January 3-16, 2011. Antlerless and Spike deer only.
Special Youth-Only Season: Early open season: October 30-31, 2010. Late open season: January 3-16, 2011.

Likes been said already, special permits are common and could have been issued, who knows.
But putting up a fence DOES NOT give anyone
legal right to kill as many WT deer as they want.
Old 07-15-2010, 06:16 AM
Nontypical Buck

99% of the time, he's hunting high fenced operations. They can kill whatever and as many as they want.
Originally Posted by PKnTX

Not true. A person can not kill more WT deer than they have tags/permits for regardless of fence situation.
x2 on that PKnTX.

Plus, sounds like hearsay. Saying 99% is a strong statement. I'd like to see some sort of proof of that. The Nuge would too I bet.

iSnipe
Old 07-15-2010, 02:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

Well, he hunts the YO Ranch alot, high fence.
His ranch in Texas, high fence.
A recent show he was in Wisconsin and killed a huge buck, high fence.
He even put up a high fence around his land in Michigan.
He has every right to do so, but not my idea of hunting. Can't even stomach the show anymore.
Old 07-15-2010, 05:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

Smile

SuperRedHawk my friend, you said "99% of the time, he's hunting high fenced operations."

What you have said only covers a very small percentage of that "99%"! Sorry, can't agree on that; not even close. Just because you watched him on a few hunts doesn't mean that "99%... he's hunting high fenced operations".

G'day.

iSnipe
Old 07-15-2010, 06:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

A few hunts? LOL, do you even watch the show?
I'll give you 10 to 1 odds that the next 3 weeks shows will be behind a fence.
Old 07-15-2010, 06:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

And usually WHEN they want. I've heard of a certain preserve near me that lets guys hunt on four wheelers at night with their choice of weapons.
Old 07-15-2010, 08:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

Exclamation

A few hunts? LOL, do you even watch the show?
I'll give you 10 to 1 odds that the next 3 weeks shows will be behind a fence.
Now that's ridiculous. With your statement, of which I bolded twice now, you are saying 99%. That means just about ALL his hunting. He hunts all over the US and in other countries.

Now you are backing out of your statement reducing it to just his show. LOL! Pretty soon you'll being saying that 100% of the hunts that he has behind fences are behind fences. LOL!

iSnipe

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.