Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Trophy Fee's ...need to vent!

Old 03-17-2010, 09:48 PM
Spike

there are likely a few SCI & B&C recordings that came from those places, that they don't know about, amazing the lengths people will go to for a weinie extension.
Old 03-18-2010, 05:11 PM
Fork Horn

Sitting in a heated blind with some guy telling you which one to shoot is NOT HUNTING >>> That would be shooting

Just like many TV shows we have all seen!
Old 03-20-2010, 07:23 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by Outdoor
Sitting in a heated blind with some guy telling you which one to shoot is NOT HUNTING >>> That would be shooting

Just like many TV shows we have all seen!

EXPENSIVE TARGET PRACTICE!
Old 07-28-2010, 07:50 AM
Spike

This is just personal opinion but as long as we're sharing, when I started Dos Plumas Hunting Ranch, I vowed I would NEVER charge trophy fees. And I have lived up to that promise. And I plan to honor it as long as I'm alive.

Where's the joy in the sport if you harvest the one you want and then have to swipe your credit card before leaving? There's no sport in that. And that's why I hunt. Give me the game I earned!

Allen Williams
Dos Plumas Hunting Ranch
Old 07-28-2010, 10:17 AM
Boone & Crockett

dosplumas: Just curious... Why do you charge so much more for rifle hunts than bow hunts? Success rate?
Old 07-28-2010, 10:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

Watching the "cull hunts" are the most frustrating. The guy is paying for a hunt and has to let all the nice bucks go. He has to wait and be happy shooting shooting the buck that nobody else wants. The one they want to get rid of.

Imagine passing up a buck because he was too big. And paying for the inferior one?
Old 07-28-2010, 12:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by ACutting
\

All in all stop complaining about the trophy fee's if you don't like them don't hunt there. But don't bash the people that do. Support all ethical hunters and ways of hunting even if it is different than the way you hunt. Hunters make up a small portion of the population and it will take all of us to keep our sport alive.
I support all types of hunting, whether I think it is ethical or not, but shooting an animal that has a tag in his ear that stands for how much he costs in a high fence area is not hunting, its killing. That's like saying that its hunting if you go out and sit in the middle in a pasture and wait for a cow to come into bow range and put an arrow through it.
Old 07-30-2010, 06:09 PM
Spike

I do not see a problem with a 5500 acre game preserve if you want to hunt a massive axis deer or black buck but for white tails it is stupid.
Old 07-31-2010, 09:08 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by bigjack16
I do not see a problem with a 5500 acre game preserve if you want to hunt a massive axis deer or black buck but for white tails it is stupid.
Who say's!!! This is AMERICA, Whats stupid to you or me, may not be stupid to someone else.
Old 07-31-2010, 09:46 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Charge them suckers!!!!!

As long as so many hunters make the taking of a -Trophy- a supposed rarity in nature - a total necessity, sellers will be lined up to separate the so-called hunter and his money.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.