Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Trophy Fee's ...need to vent!

Old 03-12-2010, 05:08 AM
Boone & Crockett

As long as there are clients that are agreeable to pay those high prices the "hunts" will be advertised. Demand will set the price.
Old 03-12-2010, 06:10 AM
Dominant Buck

While there are times and places where a guided hunt is the better idea, or required as in some countries, bagging some pen raise Frankenbuck ain't one of them. Adding a trophy fee is only more insulting, so show them your disdain by hunting real deer somewhere else. It isn't really a trophy unless you earn it, shooting livestock doesn't qualify.
Old 03-12-2010, 06:26 AM
Fork Horn

High fence operations do not appeal to me at all....selecting an exotic off a menu and then going out and killing it is killing, not hunting.

Guided hunts, in rough, wild country, would be fun.

(I Like the idea of marking all high fence kills:-)

Last edited by Sniggle; 03-12-2010 at 06:29 AM.
Old 03-12-2010, 06:41 AM
Fork Horn

Any animal harvested is a trophy the only fee I'm paying is for the hunting license.
Old 03-12-2010, 06:44 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default When the emphasis

gets great on TROPHY, the hunter and his money are soon parted.
Old 03-12-2010, 10:10 AM
Fork Horn

High fenced hunts are a joke.. Honestly you could pay me all the money you wanted to and I still wouldn't hunt inside of a cage.. I would 100% be more proud to go out and shoot a FREE-RANGING doe that weighs 90# then I would a 200" buck I payed 25K to kill inside a pen with a ear tag..
I was at a hunting expo not to long ago and there was a ton of these outfits there trying to pitch their theories and logic behind their gaint 180-200" monsters.. I had to state to them its rather easy when you can pen them up until they are 6-8 yrs old, feed them from a bottle, and fill them full of the best protein money can buy, keep them from harsh weather elements, they have no preditors such as coyotes/wolves, OF COURSE THEY ARE GOING TO BE BIG!! But, is that still hunting, HELL NO it isn't!!
Old 03-12-2010, 11:17 AM
Nontypical Buck

unfortunately hunting is a billion dollar a year sport...and those pins pay people to raise deer and bring em in the fence for someone else to pay for....if ya cant sell a bunch of hunts for cheap, then ya sell one expensive hunt instead. ya get what ya pay for? lol
i'd rather sit in my blind all year and not see anything than pay anyone to hunt inside a fence.
besides, 23k will buy ya a hunting spot of 500 acres for at least 12 years...i could prolly make it last 13 years..you could grow your own deer on this property and reep the benefits of your own hard work.

i spend quite a bit o cash every year on my land, and i wouldnt just let jo-blo hunt it fer free.
Old 03-12-2010, 12:02 PM
RWK
Nontypical Buck

Tell hin to stick it were the sun do'nt shine.
Old 03-12-2010, 01:02 PM
Banned

I'd rather shoot a doe on public land than deal with any of that crap. The only people who get ANY of my money when it comes to hunting is the state licensing agency and whoever I'm buying my gear from. A guide is nothing more than a bumpkin with a pick-up who happens to live near the land one wants to hunt. Best thing they could do with the record book is burn that piece of crap.
Old 03-13-2010, 03:44 AM
Typical Buck

LOL, I know for a fact I would never pay for a "trophy fee". I can see using a guide somewhere along the line.

And, YES you could pay me enough to hunt behind a fence. That comment killed me,,lol.

Anyways, why bash these guys. They have developed a lucrative business and must have the cliental to support it. I would love to own one, what a fun way to make some money. But, I can't see myself hunting in one.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.