Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Post-Season Depression

Old 01-03-2010, 04:59 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Post-Season Depression

Dude...the season is now over here in Virginia. I woke up this morning with this unbelievably sad feeling. This sucks!!
Old 01-03-2010, 05:24 AM
Giant Nontypical

NATO, I know exactly how you feel. I'm not there yet, as I have until Jan 23rd with 2 doe tags left. It is a let down when you're used to going hunting when you want and then you can't!

After deer season is over though, my undivided attention goes to native/wild trout fishing. Researching/map reading new wilderness trout streams and mentally scheduling fishing trips. This is my second passion! Catch and release only.
Attached Thumbnails Post-Season Depression-img_0185-custom-.jpg  
Old 01-03-2010, 05:53 AM
Nontypical Buck

I hope you fill both of them!! I have in-laws in PA and they said the season is over up there. Maybe they were just talking about firearms season. There are actually four counties in VA that have a late season through March 27th. Anyone live in Fairfax, Fauquier, Loudoun, or Prince William County that needs some help trimmin' that herd down to size??

I don't know the first thing about fishing. But I didn't know a thing about hunting until last year (and still don't !) I think fishing would be fun to do once in awhile, but I just can't see having the same passion for it as big game hunting. What do you love about fishing, besides being in the great outdoors?

That one doesn't look released, LOL! Why do you release them? Don't they make for good eating??
Old 01-03-2010, 05:53 AM
Nontypical Buck

Yeah I must say, the beginning of deer season is alot more fun than the end, not so much cause its 9 months till i can chase deer again, but because i have to get back to the reality of working normal hours, eating right and exercising again, not to mention all the repairs and projects that have been piling up around the house.
Old 01-03-2010, 05:55 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by DeerandbearhoG
Yeah I must say, the beginning of deer season is alot more fun than the end, not so much cause its 9 months till i can chase deer again, but because i have to get back to the reality of working normal hours, eating right and exercising again, not to mention all the repairs and projects that have been piling up around the house.
No kidding!!! NO FUN!!!
Old 01-03-2010, 06:10 AM
Nontypical Buck

There's always recreational shooting, fishing, hog hunting, small game hunting, turkey season, waterfowl hunting.... There's always something fun to do in the outdoors.
Old 01-03-2010, 06:22 AM
Fork Horn

I have two more chances, maybe three. Our season ends next weekend. I'm going out for the evening hunt today, and I'll get one day next weekend. However, if I can talk my boss into a day off, I might get one more day!! After deer, I'm looking forward to hunting squirrels with my daughter, then Spring Turkey season!
Old 01-03-2010, 06:22 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by early in

After deer season is over though, my undivided attention goes to native/wild trout fishing. Researching/map reading new wilderness trout streams and mentally scheduling fishing trips. This is my second passion! Catch and release only.

I feel the pain also!~!. I also do this, exactly. Last couple of nights putting together plan to head towards State college area, Spring Creek, etc. for fly fishing C & R. , as well as Steelhead on Elk Walnut, and all the " mile " streams out Erie way. Things right now aren't to promising regarding those streams, but Jan. thaw is right around the corner. lol

Looking to learn new small stream waters, although I'm pretty sure I've fished damn near everyone within a 200 mile radius of here, both in NY and Pa..

Last edited by crokit; 01-03-2010 at 06:25 AM.
Old 01-03-2010, 06:27 AM
Spike

Default Me Too

I know exactly how you feel. Myself and my nephew keep on going to our hunt club and squirrel, crow, coyote hunt to have something to do.
Old 01-03-2010, 06:57 AM
Typical Buck

crokit...i am in boalsburg, a branch of spring runs behind my home, i like hitting up poe valley and black moshannon...let me know by PM if you want to hit up some spots

i love to flyfish also...be cool to meet up and hit some water with you later in the spring...work is killing me this time of year

also, earlyin, great native...i have one more week for late season archery, then i will be flytying for the natives of central PA...best of luck guys

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.