Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Hey hoyt hunter this goes along with ur story.

Old 01-03-2002, 12:49 PM

Default Hey hoyt hunter this goes along with ur story.

Makes me SICK. Where i hunt when rifle season rolls aroung people just overload the woods. We try QDM. Our neighbor said he would do it with me. So we had a deal. While i was bow hunting i heard him shoot and here came a buck tiny 8 point. I was so pissed. I waited and watched him come out of the woods. He didnt even look for that 8 pointer. During rifle i found the buck dead. I sawed his horns off and put on that guys stand. REMEMBER ME. the horns of the 8 pointer lay.
Old 01-03-2002, 02:19 PM

Default RE: Hey hoyt hunter this goes along with ur story.

that sounds like ppl here the problem is i dotn know who i can trust i know more poachers than i do real sportsmen and not pochers in the aspect that they spotlight (i know many of them to) but jsut doin many tiny illegal and unethical things i can see doing it a couple times if you dont know but they know and they dont care if i can soon ill take a picture of all the pickup racks i have gotten and show yall how bad it is
HOYT
Old 12-04-2016, 06:50 AM
Fork Horn

I tried to be huntin buddies with a younger man I met at the Lbj grass lands ,but he had the same problems, lil things , baiting (illegal , shooting bottles he threw in the air while I was bow hunting , shooting a doe right at dark was enough, wish I knew someone just so I could share my hunting , guess that's why I'm here, anybody else around Azle , Decatur , Alvord , Texas. ?
Old 12-04-2016, 07:57 AM
Boone & Crockett

Any of you guys grousing about violators ever tell the local conservation officer about it? Would any of you be willing to testify if necessary to convict these bums and thieves. Complaining on a message board will not stop violators, getting involved will.
Old 12-04-2016, 10:03 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by Oldtimr
Any of you guys grousing about violators ever tell the local conservation officer about it? Would any of you be willing to testify if necessary to convict these bums and thieves. Complaining on a message board will not stop violators, getting involved will.
Well stated! I don't know how many times I read about guys saying they see a major violation of a law and rather that get involved with information needed for a CO/Warden to do something all they do is complain on forums! The only way to stop poaching, people going off road on ATVs where it's illegal, etc. is for them to be warned &/or ticketed. A guy dropped an ATV from his trailer near where we were parked one day this year in Wyoming and rode it right over a BLM "No Motorized Vehicles Beyond This Sign" 1/4 mile to the barb wire fence where he had to stop. We took pictures, including the license plate tag, and left a note on his truck that he would be turned in to the BLM Office in Worland if we ever saw him in the area again pulling stuff like that.
Attached Thumbnails Hey hoyt hunter this  goes along with ur story.-dscf0507.jpg  

Last edited by Topgun 3006; 12-04-2016 at 10:22 AM. Reason: Add On
Old 12-04-2016, 10:59 AM
Nontypical Buck

Where I hunt is on a county line (in a Wildlife management area). On the far side of the county line, you can have ATV's, since its county land with a two lane logging road between the two.
I have multiple times told the DNR about riders back there. But its hard to violate there, since the road exists.
They go check it out, but again its hard to violate when they are allowed on one side but prove it was them that left the tire tracks on the other side.
Old 12-04-2016, 11:15 AM
Boone & Crockett

I bet your cell phone has a camera. A picture can prove which side they are on.
Old 12-05-2016, 03:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

Talking

LOL Michigan has a RAP 800 number. I called twice about some goings on here and finally 28 days after I made the call I get a DNR guy calling me back. Said that Rick Snyder has all southern Michigan DNR tied up fixing up Belle Isle the new state park they got from Detroit.

Might just as well turn the other way and bitch on a forum as much good as calling a RAP line.

Al
Old 12-05-2016, 04:06 AM
Boone & Crockett

Why would they have their enforcement people fixing up a park?